Orange Tabby...He Stays and His Name is Finn (Update with Videos Dec 31)

Pics
"The rabbit tartare feasts begin."
gig.gif

Reminds me of a morning this winter. Apparently one of the house cats found a mouse in the house...all I found was the head.
sickbyc.gif

Yeah, I found a mouse head on the walking path to the barn, same deal, like it was severed with a tiny sword. How do they do that?

Yeah, I found a mouse head on the walking path to the barn, same deal, like it was severed with a tiny sword. How do they do that?

I don't know how they do it, but I wish they wouldn't.

I almost stepped on that darn thing in the semi-dark. What a wake up call that would have been!

sickbyc.gif
Exactly! Freaked me out! DH had to get rid of it...I can't stand those things alive, let alone pieces of them.

The latest game cam pics tell a little bitof a story. It shows Finn and the black cat almost in the frame at the same time, or the closest I've ever come to catching that. Check out the time stamp.

First, Finn goes down the steps

then, the black cat appears to be chasing him

And it seems Finn doubled back on it and came back up, went immediately to the door to get Daddy! Tom says he knows when Finn wants him to come outside with him.

Grrrrr, he is definitely marking Finn's territory. Also, last night as I looked out the kitchen window across the pasture, I saw something dark coming toward the main property. Not sure if it was a fox or a cat, grabbed the binoculars. Definitely a big cat, gray striped with white on the front, not familiar to me. Will have to check the other game camera to see if it was caught on that one. Geez, don't see more than a couple of cats for years and years, Finn shows up and all of a sudden, they want to party at our house.
In the near future, we may have a long term house guest. And she has a HUGE Great Pyr/Black Lab who will come with her (chicken and cat friendly), a big goofball of a dog with a deep bark. As long as Finn doesn't vamoose when he moves in, the other cats might think twice before coming around.

And later, Finn smells where he marked

Last edited:
I have a Finn complaint. Two mornings ago, was coming in from the deck, opened the kitchen door, stepped onto the brush mat with my sock feet and felt something hard. So, without putting all my weight down, I backed up to peer down at what I had almost crushed. It was a mouse head. Just the head and whatever was coming out of the severed neck. Ick! FINN! Leftovers on the mat. Wonderful.

Later, same day, I'm at the kitchen island doing something, door is open with screen door shut. And in my peripheral vision, I see something hit the screen door, about as high as my head. It startled me and I jumped and sort of went, "Ah!". Finn is spread-eagled hanging from the screen. It's his dramatic way of telling someone to let him inside.

Last night, I did not sleep. I would almost nod off, then i'd jerk awake. I was so close to drifting off about 4 a.m. when I hear on the deck, passing my bedroom window, "Raow, raow, raow, raow"-it's the black cat, but I'm not getting up. I'm used to it by now, but then, I hear, "Sfffft!", a cat's hiss. Then, immediately following, out in the yard, a fox alarm-barked, which means usually that coyotes are afoot. It was the Jungle Book out there. So, I got 2 hours sleep and have been dragging all day long.

I have a Finn complaint. Two mornings ago, was coming in from the deck, opened the kitchen door, stepped onto the brush mat with my sock feet and felt something hard. So, without putting all my weight down, I backed up to peer down at what I had almost crushed. It was a mouse head. Just the head and whatever was coming out of the severed neck. Ick! FINN! Leftovers on the mat. Wonderful.

Later, same day, I'm at the kitchen island doing something, door is open with screen door shut. And in my peripheral vision, I see something hit the screen door, about as high as my head. It startled me and I jumped and sort of went, "Ah!". Finn is spread-eagled hanging from the screen. It's his dramatic way of telling someone to let him inside.

Last night, I did not sleep. I would almost nod off, then i'd jerk awake. I was so close to drifting off about 4 a.m. when I hear on the deck, passing my bedroom window, "Raow, raow, raow, raow"-it's the black cat, but I'm not getting up. I'm used to it by now, but then, I hear, "Sfffft!", a cat's hiss. Then, immediately following, out in the yard, a fox alarm-barked, which means usually that coyotes are afoot. It was the Jungle Book out there. So, I got 2 hours sleep and have been dragging all day long.
I laughed out loud when I read about Finn hanging from the screen. When I was in high school I used to baby sit the kids across the street who had a dog and an outdoor cat. The kids were in bed and I was downstairs by myself around 9:00 at night watching T.V. and sitting directly across from the sliding glass door when I heard a loud "thump" on the glass. Now the outside light was off, so all I could see was darkness. After a minute my heart stops pounding and then again I hear a very loud thump on the glass door. At this point I am convinced that someone is in the backyard trying to break into the house so I call my dad who comes running across the street. He comes in and "thump" we hear it again. He turns on the porch light and there is the cat hanging from the screen wanting to come in. Nearly gave me a heart attack!

I laughed out loud when I read about Finn hanging from the screen. When I was in high school I used to baby sit the kids across the street who had a dog and an outdoor cat. The kids were in bed and I was downstairs by myself around 9:00 at night watching T.V. and sitting directly across from the sliding glass door when I heard a loud "thump" on the glass. Now the outside light was off, so all I could see was darkness. After a minute my heart stops pounding and then again I hear a very loud thump on the glass door. At this point I am convinced that someone is in the backyard trying to break into the house so I call my dad who comes running across the street. He comes in and "thump" we hear it again. He turns on the porch light and there is the cat hanging from the screen wanting to come in. Nearly gave me a heart attack!
gig.gif
I know that thump! He does that at the other door in the middle of the night to be let inside. Sometimes, he climbs on the bedroom window screen which is right behind my head. Crazy orange goober.

Back
Top Bottom