Oregon Fall Poultry Swap! 9/25/10 11am **all details on first post!*

Question-Does anyone know how far from parking lot to our pavilion area? Hoping distance not to great as we have lots of stuff to pack:) And-we're going early in order to get "stuff" set-up, will this be okay? Hope to arive 10-10:30. I read somewhere that we'll have name tags again; are we putting real name AND computer name on our tags?

Quote:
No idea on the distance - never been there before. And yes, I will be there between 10 and 10:30 as well to get the signs out and stuff. I have the name tags and probably a good idea to put both. I'm making a sign to put near my car too with both names on it.

Just saw the Craigslist ad for the Swap!

I have:
Homemade cooler incubator (used to hatch my eggs this spring)
2 EE's - just started laying light brown eggs this week
Small chick waterers

Looking for:
Blue egg laying EE's
Chocolate egger

Quote:
clap.gif
Glad you saw the ad and hope to meet you tomorrow!

Quote:
No idea on the distance - never been there before. And yes, I will be there between 10 and 10:30 as well to get the signs out and stuff. I have the name tags and probably a good idea to put both. I'm making a sign to put near my car too with both names on it.

So are we setting up by our cars in the parking area or in/around the pavilion? If you're not sure it's fine, we'll just figure it out tomorrow.
smile.png

My current list...

Bringing:

My Pet Makes Me Breakfast cook books
Welsummer hatching eggs
Newly hatched chicks:
Easter Eggers (blue eggers)
Rhode Island Reds
Red Sexlinks
Welsummers

Available to order:

Four week old Rhode Island Reds
Cages
The tools that you can see here: http://wvhatchery.com/sales/

Want:

SQ
LF Blue/ Black Ameraucana cockerel from blue eggs only
"SQ" BCM or BlCM cockerel from #5 egg or darker
Strange and brightly colored EE hens/pullets

Current Orders:

Name BYC tag Variety Hatch Date Quantity

Judy ? Red Sexlinks 09/23/10 12
EEs 09/23/10 16
Rangers 09/23/10 12

John Noncentzter Olive eggers POL 3

Leslie thekla EEs 08/25/10 15
Welsummers 08/25/10 3

Last edited:
Quote:

So are we setting up by our cars in the parking area or in/around the pavilion? If you're not sure it's fine, we'll just figure it out tomorrow.
smile.png

Really don't know for sure lol. We have never been to this site for a swap so I think we are just playing it by ear. We do have a certain area reserved just not sure if it is near the parking area, pavilion or what. Hopefully Chickboss will be there early too to help us out since she is the one who set it up.

Last edited:
Quote:
Unless it is really warm I'm going to have to stay nearby my car as I'm bring newly hatched chicks.

I was just thinking, my car with it's "Buick Passenger Comfort System" makes a really nice brooder. It has temp sensors placed around the interior and blows air from the different vents to hold a constant temperature from head to toe. Probably not economically feasible to buy another one for that purpose though.
wink.png

It would probably be a good idea to set up the potluck in the pavillion and we can keep our birds near our vehicles.
I know we all LOVe our birds but we probably not want them with the food.

l]ok saw this post of someone who has:

Many unsexed Mille Fleur D'Uccle!

I think it was featherd obessions

Please if you do, I would love them if they are show quailty! Please get back with me and we can meet there.

smile.png

Theresa

Oh yes and as of now I will be bringing another blue andalusian hen. Let me know if anyone wants her, she is about a year old.

I'm interested in your Blue Andalusian - how much do you want for her?

PM Sent!

Back
Top Bottom