Oregon Spring Poultry Swap May 5, 2012 in Canby!!!

How's the swap planning going? I've noticed that lately the swap thread has been running a little slow.

It usually is slow about now, don't worry, things will get quite lively around here soon!
wink.png

Will someone that has been to this, explain what we will encounter

Electric outlets?

Rain\\shine\\wind?

How far from where we park will we be going?

Restrooms?

and other things that will help plan.

John
old.gif

Quote:
No electrical outlets...it is in a park.

Parking? Really hard to say, just depends where we get to set up.

Restrooms..yes, but quite a trek (or so I heard). This is more of a casual set up than the one down here in Corvallis. Need to bring your own tables, chairs etc. and almost everyone brought some sort of sunshade/tent thing. Thankfully, last April we had super nice weather!
fl.gif
for that again

Looks like we'd best be sure the all the chicks are off the light unless you have a battery operated brooder handy.

Never fear about the weather! I have never been to an event and had it rain on my chickens! And i do Winter in Coos Bay!

Quote:
Last year chicks were brought that were day olds on up. The sellers put a few of those hand warmers in with them, the ones you shake to activate. Worked well. I spent the day and got a dozen purchased chicks home safe and happy by early evening.

Quote:
Last year chicks were brought that were day olds on up. The sellers put a few of those hand warmers in with them, the ones you shake to activate. Worked well. I spent the day and got a dozen purchased chicks home safe and happy by early evening.

Yep, Erin did that and they were just fine. It was actually a very warm day too. I think we were all worried about them being too hot! Watch, lol now I've probably jinxed us
lol.png

Those hand warmers work great. I used them to keep my little chicks warm during the long drive to and from the Fall swap, and they were happy the whole way. I placed them under a thin layer of pine shavings....using enough to create a warm space big enough to fit all the chicks. If I bring chicks to the Spring swap I'll definately use them again, plus have extras for people to take if they buy any of the chicks. We also have electrical outlets in our car, so we can bring a lamp as well. Can't wait for May! These swaps are so much fun! I have attended two of them now, and the most fun is just walking about and admiring everyone's birds. I couldn't believe how many silkie chicks there were at the last one!
smile.png

hhhhhmmmmmmm don't have a tent thingy.....
and I don't have a pot too..... in
lau.gif

If this is not as formal as the Fall Meet then
maybe I will just work out of the back of my van.

John
old.gif

Back
Top Bottom