Oregon

I have a D'Uccle roo that I hatch gorgeous EEs with... tho they would be between the size of a banty and an LF. My EEs are my best layers right now and their eggs are also beautiful. I hand raise them as well. I am in Milwaukie as well.

My grandma has a EE. She is so sweet and I love their eggs. I wish I had more land because then I could get all the breeds I want, for now I have to limit myself. :/
You mentioned you wanted an Ameraucana, are you going to get them from a breeder? Otherwise, any Ameraucanas you gert around here are most likely EEs anyway. They are excellent layers, so would be a good choice if you could only have a few anyway.

You were wondering about Wyandottes? I own 4 of them. 2 silver laced and 2 blue laced red. They are good layers. I get an egg every other day from each of them right now and I DONT have them on lights. During the longer days I get eggs everyday from all 4. Also they come in so many colors. The colors you mentioned I have yet to see in person. I would love to have a couple partridge patterned wyandottes. The thing is I dont know anyone aroubd here breeding quality wyo's.

I love Wyandottes. I have 1 GLW and she is so sweet. I love all the colors they come in. I was just searching online for Buff laced and I cant find them anywhere except in other countries. I also like the Partridge Wyandottes as well! :) I am trying to find someone around here that is breeding BLR wyandottes so I can get chicks in the next couple months!
fl.gif

Breeders im not sure. Hatcheries yes. Eugene backyard farmer will have blue laced reds soon. Im beginning to think buff laced partridge etc are not very common in the U.S. You might chime in on the wyandotte thread. Saw some on there. There is a video on youtube of a flock a lady in Slovakia owns. Those on that video are the ones I dream of owning.

Back
Top Bottom