Oregon

If anyone is interested I have a 7 week old bantam cochin roo, and a 6 week old bantam pullet maybe a wyandotte? I want to rehome these guys I have 12 chickens want to keep the flock around 10.. Will take $10 for the pair.

Almost all of my bantam Ameraucana are gone, but I do have a juvenile group. Outside, off heat, 7 birds total, I think there are 5 black and 2 blue. Still straight run, but I think one of the blues is a cockerel (still a little early to tell for sure). $50 for all 7 birds.

I live in town too (Medford though). Anyway I have a rooster. I just put him in the garage everynight (he even waits at the back door for me to put him away so cute) and I cover his cage with a blanket. Then around 10 everyday I put him out with his girls. He crows for a little while then is quiet the rest of the day. No one has said anything and it has been 3 months. Hope Honey turns out to be a girl but there is still hope if Honey is a boy :D

Yay! Thank you for a little ray of hope. :) Hoping I can work something out, cause I love her.

I'm still turning heat lamp on my girls at night. How bout the rest of you? It still gets so cold at night, I worry bout them. At what overnight temp should I turn it off.

Should I put golf balls or something in the nest box? My girls are about 4 months old....will they know to lay there? I don't ever see them in the nest boxes.

Anyway I have a rooster. I just put him in the garage everynight (he even waits at the back door for me to put him away so cute) and I cover his cage with a blanket. Then around 10 everyday I put him out with his girls. He crows for a little while then is quiet the rest of the day. No one has said anything and it has been 3 months. Hope Honey turns out to be a girl but there is still hope if Honey is a boy
big_smile.png
This is what I plan to do with my Fav boy. I have a place in my shed for him to go and sleep so he doesn't wake up my boys and the neighbors. My kids bedrooms face toward the coop so I know I will hear about it if one or both get woken up too early. Glad to hear it works well!
At least I know how to get back at them if they are snots! Just leave my roo out there to crow at the crack of dawn!
gig.gif

I'm still turning heat lamp on my girls at night. How bout the rest of you? It still gets so cold at night, I worry bout them. At what overnight temp should I turn it off.
Should I put golf balls or something in the nest box? My girls are about 4 months old....will they know to lay there? I don't ever see them in the nest boxes.

They should be fine in the coop at night without a lamp and they will settle down to sleep better too.

In the past, some of my chickens laid their first eggs where ever they happened to be others used the nest box right off. Either way they all used it once they got the hang of it. Golf balls couldn't hurt.

Last edited:
This is what I plan to do with my Fav boy. I have a place in my shed for him to go and sleep so he doesn't wake up my boys and the neighbors. My kids bedrooms face toward the coop so I know I will hear about it if one or both get woken up too early. Glad to hear it works well!
At least I know how to get back at them if they are snots! Just leave my roo out there to crow at the crack of dawn!
gig.gif

yuckyuck.gif

Hoping one of my fellow Oregonians will know what the heck is going on.... One of my 20 week Barred Rocks has started laying... She does the weirdest thing. Before she lays her egg she starts limping when she walks. Once she lays the egg, she walks normally. Otherwise she's a healthy beautiful friendly girl. Anyone see this kind of thing before?

Back
Top Bottom