Oregon

3A76261B-4E81-44FB-9284-4D0ECAE26B2A-6444-0000031A1185A1BE_zps15553161.jpg

We got 3 eggs today! My buff orp finally put out.
smile.png

Those eggs are gorgeous!!! Seriously, WOW!

Mine are old hands at dealing with this heat.  The new additions are doing OK as well, but I sure need a break!  I've put up 22 cases of pickles in this heat.  Plus trying to get a few kinks worked out of the fair schedule.  Hoping to see you soon!

You must have a good recipe for those, 22 cases! I just did 25 lbs yesterday. Processed them outside on a camp stove to avoid the heat in the house. I don't have a tried and true recipe, but am always on the look-out ;-)

Thank you BlueJayFarm! I will look into Kaiser. I'm not sure what kind of roo I would be looking for. I have a mish mash of girls.
1 black sex link
1 red sex link
2 EE
1 Ameraucana
2 marans
2 BLRW

SO, what kind of roo would be best? LOL
I will look into ALL of the places suggested!
Thank you very much!
One of my Wyandotte/Australorp roos would be best! Hahaha! Jealous that you have BLRW. They are high on my list. I have Blue and SL Wyandottes. Beautiful breed. PM me if you have any questions about towns. I'm really into geography and small towns. Grew up in Polk County and now live near Sandy. Nothing like country living. Good luck with your relocation.

I'm not planning on breeding for anything specific. A flock protector mostly and I wouldn't mind barn yard mixes. That black OE sounds perfect but I really have no idea when I would be there. Prob after he reaches table weight
smile.png
but I will keep that in mind.
Anyone else here an RN?

If you end up in the area, I've almost always got some mutt cockerels available. My town is SW of Portland, just on the fringe of suburbia and wine country.

I don't know a lot about what happened with Farwest, but what I do know is this...

One of his huge 15,000 egg incubators fried a ton of eggs this year and completely screwed up his ability to fill orders, and he shut the doors.

He is currently working with a lady that I do NOT trust, who is trying to buy up birds from anyone she can, to supply eggs for the hatchery, so he can reopen next season.

Back
Top Bottom