Orpinton Roo without tail

TippsiRabbit

Chirping
Mar 4, 2021
Hi ,Pasty butt was hatched October 2020.He is now 5 month old ,as the Name says he has a Pasty button since the brooder.we did not had medicament chick starter.I started them with
Tetracycline in the water as my Vet told me to.
5 days, I repeated the cure after this because his butt was still caked with poop.I washed his butt and used Vaseline to prevent the poop clinging to his butt .But it still catches in his feathers all the time.so he lost them .he is the only one in that bunch of 10 that has this problem. Curious enough his poop is not stinky or liquid. It just catches in his feathers normally chickens would somehow this little
movement with the Butt to bring the vent horizontal to the ground drop the load through the feathers and Good. He is not doing that and I don't know why.,also I gave them the Tetracycline treatment when ever I changed their environment. From Brooder to bigger Brooder from Brooder to Coop From Coop .so Now he is looking like this he is mooning the whole Flock and enjoying it he is the big Boss in the House . Despite that there are 2 other Roos in his age and they can Crow his crowing sounds like a brocken Engine.As I said he is the Boss.How can I fix this? He does not have a Pasty butt anymore but it dirty his Feathers and the ones around his butt did not grow back. What to do?

Attachments

• 20210311_095409.jpg
    20210311_095409.jpg
    714.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I have a siuation sort of similar except I wasnt the one raising her. Her name is EE and while she is one of the top hens she also moons everybody because if not she will have a clogged vent we have to clean almost twice weekly

Back
Top Bottom