Orust chicken?

Pics

Eps32

Songster
Dec 22, 2015
North Carolina
My mom has been looking at chickens and she just found this breed on the Internet and is in love. I never heard of it till now. Does anyone own this breed or have any info on finding them for sale?

Although I don't own an Orust, I practically covet the breed!
smile.png
Try looking on Greenfire Farms' website, because they offer straight run Orusts. Another thing you could do, if you either don't currently have the money or don't want to spend what they offer their pricey birds for (who does?
tongue.png
I sure don't.), you could always check on rarebreedauction.com for a good deal on a few Orust chicks. Hope this helps!

P.S. If you do end up getting some, you're REQUIRED BY LAW to share pictures with us!
tongue.png
Just kidding.

-Alex

Last edited:
You're so welcome! I'm sorry, I believe I got the name of the website wrong. It's rarebreedauctions.com. :)

-Alex
These chickens seem to be very exotic. I thought iv heard of every breed. And my mom said I want a orust flock. I said what is that that's not a chicken. Then I looked it up and to my surprise it sure is. There amazing looking I have to have a few now lol.

These chickens seem to be very exotic. I thought iv heard of every breed. And my mom said I want a orust flock. I said what is that that's not a chicken. Then I looked it up and to my surprise it sure is. There amazing looking I have to have a few now lol.
They are, and extremely rare to boot!
big_smile.png
We actually don't have room for any right now because of 20 bantams and 4 Isbars who are coming in a few days, but otherwise, I would have some in a heartbeat.

Bidding on orust eggs on eBay right now. There's 5 bidders the heat is on!!!!
Cool beans! I hope you are successful.
smile.png

-Alex

They are, and extremely rare to boot! :D  We actually don't have room for any right now because of 20 bantams and 4 Isbars who are coming in a few days, but otherwise, I would have some in a heartbeat.

Cool beans! I hope you are successful. :)

-Alex
I'm top bid right now. 110 bucks my old lady's gonna kill me. But at least I'll die with orust eggs lol.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom