Our First chicken Coop

austinrngr

Hatching
7 Years
Aug 20, 2012
Hello everyone, I just finished our new chicken coop a week ago. My wife just go her chickens and they seem very happy in there new home. We are new to chickens and will be on this forum a lot to gather as much info as possible.

First things first
welcome-byc.gif

Your coop is very nice.

I am planing to get chickens (hopefully soon) and would recommend reading mother earth news for information because they always have really useful information. My favorite part is when people send in things they have done from home such as those plastic containers ( shown below) flip it up side down and with a knife make a door for the chickens to get in.

Hen%20Nesting%20Box_resized400X266.jpg

I also find backyard poultry very helpful and have pick up an issue of hobby farm poultry edition and thought it was pretty good information in there.

I don't know if you know much about oyster shells and scratch ( don't know if that's right) but I was wondering if those replace each other or do they are two seperate things.

Good Luck

Chicken Dreamer

I don't know if you know much about oyster shells and scratch ( don't know if that's right) but I was wondering if those replace each other or do they are two seperate things.

Good Luck

Chicken Dreamer
Two different things, oyster shell is for extra calcium given to female birds for laying purposes... scratch is a type of feed, mainly consisting of various types of grains.

OP.. welcome! love your coop!

Back
Top Bottom