Our Journey into chicks

Keeping my fingers crossed that the remaining 4 make it all the way!

We are waiting with you! I just ordered some jersey giant, maran, and olive egger hatching eggs today...along with an incubator. Planning for a late October set. Your adventures will help the time pass. Praying for continued fighters!

Day 13: Who would of thought that losing a chicken that is still in the egg would be so depressing. Today is trash day so I figured it was a good time to remove the eggs that were not fertile. Of my original 14 eggs I have 6 infertile, 3 aborted, 1 that a blob in it of some sort that didn't do anything, 2 that I'm unsure of now. They were moving the day before yesterday, but today they are not, but I don't see a blood ring. Then there are the last 2. They are numbered 1 and 2. They were the top two eggs in the box. They look great and are moving all over the place. Almost like they want me to see them. Here I was worried about building a coop that would hold at least 10 chickens. Looks like it wont have to be so big. Come on my 2 little guys. I'm excited to meet you. :)

We are now in Lockdown. I have 4 eggs left. Now we wait.

I'm excited to see how they do.
fl.gif
I hope they all make it alright. I'm also in Texas and been trying to build a flock of SFH from shipped eggs. It can be terribly disappointing, but it is so wonderful and exciting when you do get those beautiful little fluffies.

Back
Top Bottom