Out to the coop

You can see the I drilled a hole in the top of the coop for more air flow dose it look like I need more ?

I would put more ventilations, most of their droppings will accumulate @night and ammonia will build up fast for 6 hens in a small quarter specially if the coop is low ceiling.

47953c08c86599762bbd1291e51fb2aa.jpg
252f0e44acdcdf82b06b1f5fa733ef7a.jpg
aee3ed673b32bcd31f794f0f14f6f235.jpg
a3bfc1915ac2a2dc290b62abb565fa4e.jpg

Here is the new set up. It's about 15 feet long 7 feet wide and about 4.5 feet high. With the back section about 6.5 feet high

If any one has suggestion that works well for there coop please feel free to let me know thanks

I've noticed you used chicken wire instead of hardware cloth, are you safe from predators in the area (cats, rats, raccoons?)

Do you think cats can get through ..? I did get some more sheet of plywood I was going to use around the bottom section of the run but went with the wire instead. Doesn't seem like any thing can get through...maybe under ... or am I wrong...can things get through the chicken wire.?

I've read that predators can tear chicken wire easier due to its bigger holes in comparison to hardware cloth, predators can also reach in easy and tear the chickens limbs/parts if the chicken are lying down closer to the wire, day or night.

It looks great. We have replaced our chicken mesh as we lost all our chickens to pythons and goannas. We have very hard aviary wire mesh on our coop now. The fenced yard is just normal fencing but the coop is covered in the aviary wire to keep them safe at night.

Back
Top Bottom