Overdue eggs won't internally pip?

I was asking about assisted hatching ._.
I was panicking and afraid i would be too late.
I have peeled the shell very gently and hes doing better, plus all four eggs have externally pipped and here's a beak

thanks for the help!

Hows the little guy doing? Any progress?

So, I've read so many things about temp and humidity, I just don't know now. My ducks seem to be having trouble internally piping. Could those be a factor?

Too high temperature near or at hatching can cause thickening of the inner membrane.

Too high humidity during incubation can cause chicks to grow too large and unable to turn to hatch properly.

Also, temperature/humidity stability is a key factor.

Last edited:
I have a still air LG. I have been keeping the humidity between 60 and 65%. Temp range has been 98-100.

Well that's really what I was thinking. I can't undo or redo the past. Because this is my first time incubating anything (except my own children), I don't know what I'm doing. At this late point, I thought consistence was going to be the best. This was kind of a rescue. My ancona duck had been sitting for 10 days when a snake got in her nest. By the end of the day she still wouldn't even go in her pen.

It looks like they have been trying to internally pip for days. Could it be the internal membrane is too thick? If so, do you know of anything that could help? I really don't know how long these have been incubating. I wrote down the first full day I saw her. She sometimes would sit until noon day after day. Never all day! The first time she sis, I wrote it down and watched. She would get up once in the am and once in the pm for up to 30 minutes. If I started at that time, they are 5 days overdue. A friend reminded me that I didn't watch her 24 hours, she could have been getting up during the night without me knowing. If so, it's ok. Just really worried they are laying in there getting weak and dying. I still see rocking now and again from some of them.

thanks so much! I put the 6 eggs in the bator and later when I was trying to get her to go back in the pen I noticed she had laid an egg in the run area. Must have been before I found the snake. I just put it in with the others. I didn't want her to sit on anymore for a while. It is do to hatch in 5 days. I know you shouldn't stagger, but it was all kind of a whim thing. It just started to wiggle today.

Back
Top Bottom