Overly Aggressive Rooster

The thing about "taming" an aggressive rooster is, even if one person gets that rooster to stop attacking them, the rooster can - and often will - attack other people anyway. Just because it doesn't attack YOU, it doesn't mean his aggression is gone. Also, what kind of life is it for the rooster to have to get knocked around every day when a person goes out to pick eggs and has to defend themselves from that rooster? I have chickens for enjoyment and entertainment (and eggs and meat). When a chicken is not giving me joy, it has to go away. I'm not going to keep a bird that I have to continually duck and dodge and avoid so I don't get spurred or flogged.

DON'T EAT HIM GIVE HIM AWAY FOR MONEY DUH!!!!
barnie.gif
D.gif

We eat aggressive roosters. Its just too easy to obtain a pretty rooster you can safely live with. If you are not at a point you feel you can process him. Advertise him for eating only. Don't pass on an aggressive rooster to another family for keeping.

There is no such thing as a "good" Mean rooster. If he cant mind his manners and realize his place, then he needs to go. I gave my young rooster two chances. After the third time he got aggressive with me, he was gone. Any animal will continue to get meaner if they are allowed to.

I have a mean rooster that is such a beautiful bird, that I am keeping him in a large run with one hen and incubating their eggs until I get a new roo that is a pretty as he is, then he will be invited to someone's Sunday dinner. I would never be able to process an animal for meat, but might look into area processing services. I don't think he was overly aggressive until after the German shepherd got loose and killed all his hens, and got a mouthful of his tail feathers. He became extremely aggressive after he recovered from that attack.

Ive also got a rooster that recently decided to be a jerk. He's got to go. Im psyching myself up to send him to "freezer camp". I figure if I'm going to have chickens I have to learn to deal with not just their lives but manage the culls myself. Not looking forward to this, but having an aggressive rooster in the yard is totally ruining my time spent with the birds.

Ive also got a rooster that recently decided to be a jerk. He's got to go. Im psyching myself up to send him to "freezer camp". I figure if I'm going to have chickens I have to learn to deal with not just their lives but manage the culls myself. Not looking forward to this, but having an aggressive rooster in the yard is totally ruining my time spent with the birds.
welcome-byc.gif

Butchering a rooster is hard to work up to sometimes, but you'll be amazed how much happier and more relaxed you'll be once he's gone.

Back
Top Bottom