Owl waiting for a hen

StevenKarin

Chirping
May 25, 2015
Washington
20170630_085226.jpg

*wink* The owl is just posing for the picture! ;)

All summer, I heard owls hooting day and night. The sounds came from different directions. (I am in the country, on a mountain.) I was outside often. I have sheets and fabric hanging over the pastures (it doesn't cover nearly enough, but it is a distraction) and plenty of hiding places. I didn't have any owl attacks. (Thank goodness!)

All of my pastures are open.

How big is your run? Can you put mesh on top? Maybe leaving them in the coop for a few days might make the owl lose its interest.
We have deer mesh over our the part of the run open to weather. Our owl tried to get through one day. It failed. I chased it off.
The owl keeps coming back. It landed 10 feet away from me twice. Strangest thing I've ever saw, it must be a juvenile. One evening about a month ago there was three of these big owls in the trees just after sunset. One of the little cotton tails is missing but we have been keeping the hens locked up. The weather is changing and the wild animals are coming in to pick up easy meals.

The owl keeps coming back. It landed 10 feet away from me twice. Strangest thing I've ever saw, it must be a juvenile. One evening about a month ago there was three of these big owls in the trees just after sunset. One of the little cotton tails is missing but we have been keeping the hens locked up. The weather is changing and the wild animals are coming in to pick up easy meals.
Do you have gun or firecracker ?
Not to shoot at it but to scare it away

Or could be a rehab and release . Landing close to you isn't normal behavior

Back
Top Bottom