Owl waiting for a hen

Yes I agree. I was wondering if someone nearby was feeding the owls (what I don't know). One of the three a juvinile is definitely not real afraid of humans. On the other hand it takes off as soon as our Chessy comes on the deck.

Do you have gun or firecracker ?
Not to shoot at it but to scare it away
I have ways to run owls off. Can't eliminate them though, per law. Basically after throwing dead branches at the tree the owl perched upon, after this drastic tactic the owl stayed around. We kept the chicken in the coop for a week or so. One danger bunny (cottontail) hasn't been seen for a week. There's always another danger bunny to take over eating clover.

It could just be very hungry. Hunger will make it do weird stuff.
Yes I think so. I think it has to be an adolescent juvenile, in my opinion. There was a really big owl that flew off when I came out of the house. This smaller one was trying to learn how to hunt, because attacking the covered coop was really odd and not natural. I hear the owls at night but they do hunt during the day. I sure hope people aren't feeding the wild life.

Predators die when the hunt my chickens. Coyotes, dogs, hawks, raccoons, possums, and owls face death when they try to make the chicken run and open areas a buffet.
It sound cruel but it's the way it works.
We are covering more area this winter and raising the fence height before we add new chickens.
We have tried the lot of non-deadly avenues but predators still try.
We don't lose chickens at night because of the coops automation but open sky invites predators.

Predators die when the hunt my chickens. Coyotes, dogs, hawks, raccoons, possums, and owls face death when they try to make the chicken run and open areas a buffet.
It sound cruel but it's the way it works.
I understand ..we have killed foxes
BUT Beware : It is illegal in most states to kill birds of prey ..
Just so you know and everyone else does

Back
Top Bottom