Owlet's Blog

Love!
1f60d.png

April 4th, 2016.
Hi.
I got moved to a new brooder today!! It's huge and has natural light. It's also super warm and cozy.
I am not sick anymore! Or weak either.
I'm still a bit small but I can run around with the other ladies no problem.
I have a little trouble getting food but I'm starting to be a little bossy.
Today I made Peeps stay out of my way 'cause that's my food, and I'm hungry.
She got a little fed up with me after that and bit my tail. I got back at her though and bit her tail.
Ha!
I still don't quite rule the roost. Polly is super competitive and doesn't let me eat or drink when she's eating.

Mum once mis-took me for my sister! Wowzas! I'm growing!
LB's beak is getting a little worse but she's super smart and was the first one to figure out the new waterer.
The fluff on her head is all falling out so you just see the bald, red back of her head. She looks like a crooked-jawed, bald, black grizzly bear.

When Mum first moved us to the new brooder we celebrated by having 'to the top of the waterer' races and chest jousting tournaments.
I was the scorekeeper and I scratched the numbers in the shavings!

Sorry my entry was so short today but I'll get Mum to get a photo of my new digs!
Owlet
jumpy.gif

Owlet I'm glad you got a new brooder that's bigger and has a better light. Very happy your feeling better and not feeling weak anymore. The races sounded like lots of fun and chest bumping contest. I'm glad you were the score keeper those games can get a little ruff.
big_smile.png
Stand your ground with Peeps and show her whose boss. I hope she didn't bite off any feathers because you've worked so hard to grow them. You do have a lovely tail.

Stand back from LB because she might need extra room to eat if she has a cross beak. Maybe one day you two can be bestest friends. Looking forward to your pics Owlet.

Thank you so much for sharing your little one with us.

Back
Top Bottom