Paint Showgirl Thread

I have started reading the Silkie show breed thread so I can find good quality silkies. I've tried contacting some breeders of really nice silkies but never got a response. I did purchase silkie eggs off of bargain on the BYC page but a lot of her eggs are not fertile and I'm not sure if she really has show quality birds, does anyone know if those are good birds, she seems to sell A LOT of eggs.

I really want to start a showgirl program, I love Naked Necks and the silkie feathers. There is no hurry so if it takes me 4 years to get a decent showgirl so be it. I think it will be amazing to create something so beautiful. I also need to find a bantam Turken.

It's generally not going the yield quality anything when your source had "bargain" in the title, I've found. Quantity sales are impossible when you cull properly, since maybe one out of every ten birds might be worth breeding, and the birds I sell are never the best ones I've hatched, since I replace birds with better ones as they arrive. Check with Shayna or Silkie_sue; I will also have hatching eggs available in the next couple months.

It's generally not going the yield quality anything when your source had "bargain" in the title, I've found. Quantity sales are impossible when you cull properly, since maybe one out of every ten birds might be worth breeding, and the birds I sell are never the best ones I've hatched, since I replace birds with better ones as they arrive. Check with Shayna or Silkie_sue; I will also have hatching eggs available in the next couple months.

I know right!@? I looked at the photos and they looked nice but I figure I'm not going to get anything usable out of them, the fertility is not that great either which is irritating to say the least. Thanks for the two leads, I did message someone just a few minutes ago from the breeding thread and hopefully she will have some adults or pairs available soon. I will also be watching your posts for hatching eggs.

I really like getting hatching eggs and picks out the best birds for myself, then selling the rest. "The rest" is what you'll get when you order older birds.

I really like getting hatching eggs and picks out the best birds for myself, then selling the rest. "The rest" is what you'll get when you order older birds.

I do need to start somewhere don't I? I know no one is going to sell me their keepers, but I have to start somewhere. I looked at your roo, He looks nice, is the neck too pink for you? I'm interested in him, do you think he will throw some dark necks or is he too young to know?

or what about hatching eggs, do you sell hatching eggs?

Last edited:
I do need to start somewhere don't I? I know no one is going to sell me their keepers, but I have to start somewhere. I looked at your roo, He looks nice, is the neck too pink for you? I'm interested in him, do you think he will throw some dark necks or is he too young to know?

or what about hatching eggs, do you sell hatching eggs?

Check out our website, www.compoundpoultry.weebly.com.

The roo I have for sale has never shown any pink skin whatsoever. His only defect is his iris pigment holes. Bred to good dark eyed girls, he should throw very nice babies. His brother only had a single pigment hole in his left eye, and was extremely nice otherwise. I will have hatching eggs available beginning in May, fertilized by Re.

Back
Top Bottom