Pallet coop progress Pics

Looks good so far but, I can't tell from the pictures - did you raise the pallets off the ground ? The reason I ask is - the bottom will rot out within just a couple years if, they are not up or sitting on treated 4x4 or something. If the pallets are made out of oak you may get 4 years? My DH and I are converting a very old 8 x 14 garden shed into a coop and will be using pallets to have a lean-to off both sides to make it a 20 x 14 chicken barn. We have to replace the entire floor of the garden shed because the old treated 4x4 runners, treated 2x4s and treated plywood is all rotted. We raised it up on blocks today and the whole floor structure dropped out. We are going to cut out the bottom 6 " of rotted T11 siding and cut 2x4s up 8" to get to good wood. We will then add treated 4x4 to bottom and then add treated legs attached to treated 4x4 runners. We plan to put pallet lean-tos on legs and runners too.

You really don't want to have to do all this in a few years. I'm good about keeping cost down but, I want mine built to last too. Good luck with your new coop.

:( you're link says unavailable. I am thinking about building a small pallet coop too for silkies. Hope I can eventually see yours.

Link wouldnt work :(

I used lag bolts to put them together.

The pallets are 6' high and 4' 5" wide

I'm over 6' tall and want the door so I can walk thru it. Also I want to be able to stand up in my coop LOL The chickens cant wait for this to be done also :)

Got a lot of pallets saved still a long way to go but this is the start of it. :)

thumbsup.gif
I just started a pallet turkey coop yesterday. Almost done, just need to build the door and put it on! But my pallets are no where near as nice as yours. Mine are very used. But I got them for free, the whole turkey coop is made from matireals from around the house and free pallets! I also did not get as many as you did so my coop is much smaller than yours. It is double stacked so the coop is almost 8 ft tall 4ft wide and 6ish ft long. My goat thinks it is hers lol. Can't wait to see yours finnished.

thumbsup.gif
I just started a pallet turkey coop yesterday. Almost done, just need to build the door and put it on! But my pallets are no where near as nice as yours. Mine are very used. But I got them for free, the whole turkey coop is made from matireals from around the house and free pallets! I also did not get as many as you did so my coop is much smaller than yours. It is double stacked so the coop is almost 8 ft tall 4ft wide and 6ish ft long. My goat thinks it is hers lol. Can't wait to see yours finnished.

My tallest wall is going to be 8'8" tall With a slanted roof to the 7' wall. My other coop was 7x7 and 6' tall slanted to 4'. I really want to be able to stand up in this new coop. Wich is roughly 9' x 9' . How many turkeys do you have? I wished I could finish mine in a few days but I work a lot so on my days off I do a little. I have 6 weeks till the baby chicks will have to go out side
bow.gif

I just got another load of pallets yesterday, and will go after another today. One of the pallets was big, 12ft long, and it had 4x4's the whole length of it. I"ve been having trouble posting pics, if the pic doesn't work, I will edit and post it later.

Back
Top Bottom