Parks' Chicken Wing - Our Coop Build

Parks

In the Brooder
Apr 23, 2016
So, I hope I'm able to post pics after typing this. We have 6 chicks that are about 6 weeks old. I have started the coop which my wife calls the Chicken Wing. I didn't get pics of the beginning so here we are so far.

It is way overbuild. I tend to do things this way even if it cost me more. I actually wanted to use the treated 4x4 for my base and then cam across 8 good used 8' treated 4x4 for free so the stoutness of the build has kept up. Coop total is 7'x11'7' and a peak of 8'. The actual indoors coop area is 4' x 7'. It will have three nesting boxes, two windows, one large entry/clean out door and lots of ventilation areas. At this time I will use the deep litter method and have sand in the run area. Roof will be sheet metal either corrugated galvanized or a standing seem type with another color. Not sure.

This has been a bit of a time crunch to get the chicks out of the house and into the coop asap. They are getting big and boy are they a dusty mess. Or at least the guest room we have them in is a mess. What has complicated the build is that my 12 year old son was selected for the baseball allstar team so he has a minimum 4 games every weekend which we attend but cuts down drastically on completing the coop. Next step is to get much of it painted so we can install the hardware cloth and then the siding. Hoping to have the chick in the coop by mid June.

Anyways, here are the pics and I will update as I get further along. And no place to add pics???

Last edited:
So, between work, my son making the Baseball Allstar team and tournaments every weekend we are finally at about 95% complete with our coup build. Here are some exterior and will post some interior next.

The girls are living in the coup now but I just have to put up two more panels of Hardware cloth and install the door. Need to decide on sand or wood chips for the run. I'll still have to do some minor trim work but I need a little me time the next couple weekends so the touch up stuff can work.

Enjoy the pics and when it is fully complete I will post more detail pics. My wife has a lot of accessorizing she wants to do.

Back
Top Bottom