Partridge Rock Thread

Pics
Are these partridge rocks???
I got a mix box from a hatchery with 25 chicks, no way to know what they are.
I have these two and by deduction all I could possibly think of was a partridge rock?
Everything similar with the chipmunk pattern as a chick was ruled out.
Also, you thinking this is a true pair?
They're like 3 weeks old.

THANKS!

The legs are the wrong color. They are supposed to be yellow. Sometimes they will be white. I can't get the comb for the one on the left, but it could be a Golden laced Wyandotte. The one on the right kind of looks like an EE.

What breed choices do you have?

Everything at Ideal!

The legs are like Barred Rock legs they're yellow with some black markings on the shanks.
They also have single combs.

Wyandottes have pure yellow legs, flat comb, & different pattern.
Easter Eggers have slate legs, pea comb & usually have muffs these faces are clean.

Every other chipmunk looking chick breed I can possibly think of can be ruled out, so all I can think of would be Partridge Rocks...

Last edited:
I could narrow it down a lot if they had their lobe color!!!

I also thought of Brown Leghorns but they're usually smaller and their legs are bright yellow.

There's Sicilian Buttercups? These are really rather dark for that though...

Last edited:
I could narrow it down a lot if they had their lobe color!!!

I also thought of Brown Leghorns but they're usually smaller and their legs are bright yellow.

There's Sicilian Buttercups? These are really rather dark for that though...
Watch the comb then. PRs have nice straight combs.

Are these partridge rocks??? I got a mix box from a hatchery with 25 chicks, no way to know what they are. I have these two and by deduction all I could possibly think of was a partridge rock? Everything similar with the chipmunk pattern as a chick was ruled out. Also, you thinking this is a true pair? They're like 3 weeks old. THANKS!
The one on the left looks just like my PR.

I was thinking they were both the same breed, left pullet and right cockerel.
The feathers and characteristics look the same, one just has less feathers (boy).
Haha, but I have no idea!

I appreciate any and all feedback from ya'll!

I know this is a long shot, but anyone have a guess on what this one is? I don't even know what thread to comment on because I haven't even narrowed down a good guess like with the possible PR's.

It's a cockerel, but that's about all I got...

I was thinking they were both the same breed, left pullet and right cockerel.
The feathers and characteristics look the same, one just has less feathers (boy).
Haha, but I have no idea!

I appreciate any and all feedback from ya'll!

I know this is a long shot, but anyone have a guess on what this one is? I don't even know what thread to comment on because I haven't even narrowed down a good guess like with the possible PR's.

It's a cockerel, but that's about all I got...
Yes, that looks like a boy.

The legs are the wrong color. They are supposed to be yellow. Sometimes they will be white. I can't get the comb for the one on the left, but it could be a Golden laced Wyandotte. The one on the right kind of looks like an EE.

What breed choices do you have?
I've got some 5 year old partridge rocks from Ideal, not a yellow leg in the bunch. They look just like dutchbunnies chicks, they have been some of my best broody hens, even though they came from hatchery stock.

Okay thanks, it's the only thing I can think of. They will have to be PR's (hatchery stock of course) if they have red lobes.
If I end up with white lobes got to start all over haha!

The other boy's not an exchequer or Legbar, but good guesses, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom