Partridge Rock Thread

Pics
HerbGir1976, this is my boy. Note the dark solid colors.

Cockerels do not have the partridge pattern on them at 12 weeks old.

Thank you very much for that info...
I plan to get a couple more in the spring, is there any tips on choosing chicks, do they look different as babies?
I'd like to get a few more hens, but eventually I want to have a coop just for the PPR they are so friendly.
My 2 gals just come up and let you scoop them right up under their body, from the front, they just sit there. It's really
good for when I go out and look them over for any health issues. These are the birds that may daughter can hold,
and serenade, & rock like babies. Yes they even allow her to lay them on their backs in her arms.

We've decided in the spring to get a couple more hens and a rooster, These are the most kid tolerant birds of all we have. Quiet, Docile, I'd even say cuddly birds with my 6 year old daughter. I hope that I can raise a few so I can share them with folks because this is an A+ breed in my book for those wanting a Pet chicken.

I bought a Partridge rock at a swap. She is young not full grown. She is very shy and has gray on her feet and legs. Is that leg color usual for PR's?
They legs should be yellow and sometimes white.

If the legs are gray or slate then she is mixed with something else.

Can you post a picture?

Back
Top Bottom