Partridge Rock Thread

Pics
Hello everyone my name is Michelle and I live in Maine with my 6 kids and husband on our little homestead. My family became interested in raising chickens about 4 years ago when we moved to the country and we wanted a source of healthy organic eggs for our family. My kids quickly became very attached to our chickens and they became our pets as well. We went to a local poultry show a couple of years ago and my oldest son bought a pair of partridge rock bantams and has been in love with partridge rocks ever since. My kids are looking to do some poultry projects this spring for 4-H and we have been looking to get our soon to be 13 year old some quality standard size partridge rocks and have been having no luck. I have contacted anyone and everyone who I know of that is breeding partridge rocks and isnt a hatchery or doesnt have hatchery stock and I never seem to get a response. I gave up for awhile but am on the hunt again because my sons birthday is coming up Feb. 8th and he is asking for partridge rocks again. Does ANYONE happen to have any partridge rock hatching eggs or chicks or know anyone that might? We are hoping to get stock that is good quality and not hatchery stock. If anyone can help us or point us in the direction of someone that can we would be so grateful and my son would be thrilled! Thank you in advance for your help! : )

Hello everyone my name is Michelle and I live in Maine with my 6 kids and husband on our little homestead. My family became interested in raising chickens about 4 years ago when we moved to the country and we wanted a source of healthy organic eggs for our family. My kids quickly became very attached to our chickens and they became our pets as well. We went to a local poultry show a couple of years ago and my oldest son bought a pair of partridge rock bantams and has been in love with partridge rocks ever since. My kids are looking to do some poultry projects this spring for 4-H and we have been looking to get our soon to be 13 year old some quality standard size partridge rocks and have been having no luck. I have contacted anyone and everyone who I know of that is breeding partridge rocks and isnt a hatchery or doesnt have hatchery stock and I never seem to get a response. I gave up for awhile but am on the hunt again because my sons birthday is coming up Feb. 8th and he is asking for partridge rocks again. Does ANYONE happen to have any partridge rock hatching eggs or chicks or know anyone that might? We are hoping to get stock that is good quality and not hatchery stock. If anyone can help us or point us in the direction of someone that can we would be so grateful and my son would be thrilled! Thank you in advance for your help! : )
You can get good ones here:

http://www.horstmanspoultry.com/

I will have some in a few weeks or months. I need to separate them and wait till they are pure. It will be a couple of weeks before I can even sort through them. I have 4 hens so eggs are no problem, or chicks. I do use a BLUE partridge Cockerel (he also came from Dick Horstmans Line about 5 generations back) all my hens are from Dick Horstman too, I got them last spring.

If I can find a cockerel I will also have SPPR too.

Im a new chicken owner and my flock is PR but i do not know which strain? they are supposed to be last springs hatchlings idk honestly. so far ive tried to make them comfortable and whatnot. so far i have recieve 5 beautiful light brown eggs in 2 days but i believe they have stopped now only got 1 egg today

(new area and all) i have 7 hens and 1 rooster.

Back
Top Bottom