Partridge Silkies - Nothing else

Pics

pennie1

Redneck Silkie
10 Years
Aug 17, 2009
Hiles
I know that we have a Silkie thread, but how about a partridge Silkie thread for JUST the partridge? I love the partridge and I'm sure others do also. Here are some pics of my babies.

This is Watson. I also have his brother that looks just like him except he doesn't have quite as heavy of feathering on his feet. They are 4 and 1/2 months old.
39292_watson.jpg

This is 1 of several pullets that I have. They all are in the same age range of 4 to 4 & 1/2 months.
39292_pullet3.jpg

Another pullet
39292_pullet1.jpg

These are from the second hatch. They are all between 5 wks. and 9 wks. old
39292_chick_7.jpg

39292_b2c.jpg

This last picture is of a cockerel from the first hatch. He is of awesome type and very large (hence the name Baby Huey). I have question on his color. Would he be considered blue?
39292_a.jpg

Thanks for any input and I hope others will post pictures of their beautiful partridge.

Thanks a lot. I love the partridge and they don't seem to get the recognition that they deserve. I know partridge is 1 of those varieties that seems open to the interpretation of the judge at the shows and the people that breed them. That's why I would like to see pictures of other partridge Silkies. It would be great to see some that have done well at shows.

Quote:
With any patterned bird it is harder to win. They have to have outstanding color and patten to beat a solid color bird (in any breed). When you beat a solid color bird for breed and more you know you have done something good. I do better at shows with my blacks but I enjoy my patterned birds more(maybe because of the challenge they bring to produce good ones.) Watson has potential to be something special. Will he be at the Crossroads show this fall?

So, Jen, what do you think of my last picture? Would he be considered Blue? Even the dark feathers on his tail aren't black, they are a deep chestnut.
And, by the way, I have always thought your birds are wonderful.
smile.png
big_smile.png
wink.png

Yep, Watson and his brother will both be there. The girls will be there also. The Watson boys have a long way to go before they are ready. They are taking forever to really fill out. They are big boys and have a long way to go. I do love them though. I was reading through the standard and their colors are right on so I just have to hope they fill out.
I have a question. Would it be a good idea to confine them more to help them fill out? I have been keeping everyone together but maybe I should separate the boys and put them on shavings 24/7 for their foot feathering. I had read somewhere that you can rub some baby oil or even olive oil on their foot feathers to help keep them nice.

Quote:
I will be there with Columbian Cochins and maybe some other colors also. I will be individually penning mine when I decide which ones I will take. I have over 70 Columbians that I am going to have to sort out for show possibilities.

Back
Top Bottom