Partridge Silkies - Nothing else

there smutty buffs if might have partrdge gene but there more buff if you look at one with black smutt it same color as one with blue smutt

Debbi, thanks for posting that photo. Yes, I see that she looks similar to our girls. She is very pretty! I'm so excited to know that we have blue partridges, too.

they look more like smutt buff

I'm so grateful for this thread. I've been soaking up so much wonderful knowledge from you all about partridge silkies! But I have a question. We have two young pullets that we purchased as partridges. They are about 6 months old in the photos below. But they look very different from the dark brown, black, chestnut colored partridges that I've seen in this thread. They don't have any black. Instead, they are a caramel/buff color with bluish-gray undertones throughout. Are they still partridges? Help! :)

You can see the two pullets here when they were approx 5 - 6 months:

LL

And here's a head shot of one of them:

900x600px-LL-85dd5b3d_Chickens334.jpeg

She's backlit in this shot, which makes her look a little lighter than she is:

900x600px-LL-0265d31e_Chickens345.jpeg

What do you think?

Chickndales

I just want to know where you get splash partridge from? Splash would imply its blue in nature when this bird didn't come from a blue or blue partridge pen, it has no blue. It has NOTHING partridge about it, no penciling, no pattern at all... I know theres been a few breeders who've gotten similar colored birds out of paint breedings and call them red paints....Then theres a few who have gotten similar birds out of blue splash X splash - and call them red splash.

you would not see the penciling a slash partridge because its such a dulute color

Chickndales

I just want to know where you get splash partridge from? Splash would imply its blue in nature when this bird didn't come from a blue or blue partridge pen, it has no blue. It has NOTHING partridge about it, no penciling, no pattern at all... I know theres been a few breeders who've gotten similar colored birds out of paint breedings and call them red paints....Then theres a few who have gotten similar birds out of blue splash X splash - and call them red splash.

I guess I can see why there is no standard yet for blue partridge. Who will eventually decide what the correct standard is? Or am I wrong and there is a standard?

No standard for blue partridge it is an AOV color.

How you get a standard is breeders have to decide what to aim towards. A certain number of different breeders have to breed the color true for a number of years, have a certain number of birds through those years, showing the birds for a time as well... and then turn in a written standard to the ABA to be considered. Theres more to it, but I just put it as simply as I remember it. LOL

i have a queston aov is any other variety right also can u show birds at shows that are not recognized such as paints for an example sorry for dumb questions i am just getting into showing and cant wait for my first show this spring

you can show any color that not recognizes as aov you enter then as aov paint

i have a queston aov is any other variety right also can u show birds at shows that are not recognized such as paints for an example sorry for dumb questions i am just getting into showing and cant wait for my first show this spring

Back
Top Bottom