Partridge Silkies - Nothing else

bow.gif
Tiempo, good for you to rescue those partridge silkies.
thumbsup.gif
They look so nice now.

I wanted to post an updated picture of my "accidental" partridge from blue/black/splash eggs. We thought for sure she would lose the brown, but she has blossomed into such a pretty silkie. I'm totally in love with her and can't wait to start a partridge pen some day. Cinnamuffin is 40 weeks old (10 months) but has not laid any eggs yet.

Cinnamuffin (aka: Fluffy) has such a big bonnet crest that you can just barely see her beak.
She is just fabulous!! I bet you will see her get lighter when she is about a year old. My very dark girl got a lot lighter after her first adult moult.

Here is pictures of my partridge silkie hen as a chick and now as an adult. She's one of my favorites. Her name is "Partridge"- LOL

Tammie
Very pretty coloring! I would have thought that chick would have been darker.

Last edited:
Gorgeous!!!
Thank you, Ray.n.Debi and peepblessed.
She is just fabulous!! I bet you will see her get lighter when she is about a year old. My very dark girl got a lot lighter after her first adult moult.
Very pretty coloring! I would have thought that chick would have been darker.
Peepblessed, this is the chick that I said you could have if it were a boy-LOL. Did you ever find a partridge rooster? I'm so glad she was a keeper. She flirts and cuddles with my Splash rooster, but he has never tried to mate her. Maybe he knows she isn't laying eggs yet.
hu.gif
He is either such a gentleman or just SO in love with his Mysty-Blue! I've got 4 of Mysty-Blues eggs due to hatch on Jan 4th.....If any are partridge
ep.gif
I will know they were Cinnamuffins eggs! I doubt it though as I've never seen her in the nesting box, squatting or being mated. Someday I hope to hatch out some partridge chicks and she can have a boyfriend and some girlfriends.

Thank you, Ray.n.Debi and peepblessed.
Peepblessed, this is the chick that I said you could have if it were a boy-LOL. Did you ever find a partridge rooster? I'm so glad she was a keeper. She flirts and cuddles with my Splash rooster, but he has never tried to mate her. Maybe he knows she isn't laying eggs yet.
hu.gif
He is either such a gentleman or just SO in love with his Mysty-Blue! I've got 4 of Mysty-Blues eggs due to hatch on Jan 4th.....If any are partridge
ep.gif
I will know they were Cinnamuffins eggs! I doubt it though as I've never seen her in the nesting box, squatting or being mated. Someday I hope to hatch out some partridge chicks and she can have a boyfriend and some girlfriends.
I thought so. She would have made an awesome roo!! I've desided not to breed partridge. I've hatch a few blue partridge but I think I'm going to stick with BBS and Self-blue for the most part. I may play around with blue-cream (porcelain). Not sure yet. Of course I have black for my self-blue. Ahhh, there is no end in sight!

It's been a crazy long time since I have posted anything, I have so much to catch up on. I just picked up this girl (hopefully) the other day and I wanted to ask if she had correct coloring for a partridge. I know little about the partridge coloring in silkies, so I don't know what is good or bad. She is the sweetest little thing though. Honest critiques are welcome. She is about 8 weeks.

It's been a crazy long time since I have posted anything, I have so much to catch up on. I just picked up this girl (hopefully) the other day and I wanted to ask if she had correct coloring for a partridge. I know little about the partridge coloring in silkies, so I don't know what is good or bad. She is the sweetest little thing though. Honest critiques are welcome. She is about 8 weeks.
Yes, she is definitely partridge, but her markings will change a lot b/n now and when she's full grown. I'm no expert but I think it is a pullet. The partridge boys have more red. Another good indicator is the rounded crest. It doesn't appear to have streamers on her head or neck-which cockerels would be getting.

bow.gif
Tiempo, good for you to rescue those partridge silkies.
thumbsup.gif
They look so nice now.

I wanted to post an updated picture of my "accidental" partridge from blue/black/splash eggs. We thought for sure she would lose the brown, but she has blossomed into such a pretty silkie. I'm totally in love with her and can't wait to start a partridge pen some day. Cinnamuffin is 40 weeks old (10 months) but has not laid any eggs yet.

Cinnamuffin (aka: Fluffy) has such a big bonnet crest that you can just barely see her beak.
She has such pretty coloring. :) I wish I could get an accidental partridge from my BBS pens!

She has such pretty coloring. :) I wish I could get an accidental partridge from my BBS pens!
Thank you very much. I know what you mean. I wish I'd get more accidental beauties like her. I want to find a silkie breeder who sells partridge hatching eggs and start a partridge breeding pen. Since Cinnamuffin isn't laying yet (and the rooster doesn't mate her) I'll just let her keep my blue hen company. There seems to be a lot of people looking for partridge, even partridge roosters.

Just got the girls on New Years Day. Wanted to show my little partridge girl. Will get a better picture of her to show again. She and the buff are 12 weeks old. The white is 10 weeks old.

Back
Top Bottom