Partridge Silkies - Nothing else

My girls from last season. I call the girl on the left a partridge, but what about the red color...is that also considered partridge? Or red?

Partridge Silkies - Nothing else.....??

....so what about paint...well this....LOOK AT THE FEET

can there be such a thing as a paint partridge? note the neck, the black pigment is there! Yes this is a pure silkie.

yeah i got lots of partridges from my own stock and mailed eggs, even a few silver partridges (well so far silver, the brown could pop up later). i did get a porcelain, are they a dilution of partridge?

a sample of my partridge spectrum from my recent hatching, the palest one is supposed to be a porcelain-does that make sense? can partridge be used in their breeding program? i believe there is a definite silver partridge here!

When breeding with blue, you will get splash. They look almost blue-cream/porcelain, but are actually splash partridge. Not sure if there is another term for it. If you breed two blue partridges, you will get 1/2 blue, 1/4 black (regular partridge), 1/4 splash.

I'm not sure the age and sex of this little one. A nice lady gave him/her to me because she raises silkies and was sure he is a cockerel but I read so many stories on here about a silkie being mis-sexed....I know I probably need to wait until a crow or squatting but curious about what you all think about the following:
Age?
Likely sex?
Coloring?
What varieties of chicks could he produce with a black silkie hen, another partridge, or white with cream crests? If he is a roo and not too loud, I'll probably keep him. He's sooo sweet.

I have two Partridge's coming in May along with my Buff Orpington's. I love seeing all these pictures of ya'll beautiful babies.

Andrea

I'm not sure the age and sex of this little one. A nice lady gave him/her to me because she raises silkies and was sure he is a cockerel but I read so many stories on here about a silkie being mis-sexed....I know I probably need to wait until a crow or squatting but curious about what you all think about the following:
Age?
Likely sex?
Coloring?
What varieties of chicks could he produce with a black silkie hen, another partridge, or white with cream crests? If he is a roo and not too loud, I'll probably keep him. He's sooo sweet.

We adored our Partridge boy (which was supposed to be a "pullet") but when he started to crow loudly 12x in a row sometimes and started mounting his sister way too much, we had to re-home him. He was such a personality plus but we aren't zoned for roos. One thing nice about re-homing Silkie boys is they are seldom used as "dinner" but as pets!

Back
Top Bottom