Pasty butt?

Flockking

Songster
Feb 25, 2021
Just returned home after 2weeks+ and noticed one of my 11 chicks hatched has what seems to be pasty butt, though I had used a warm towel to wipe off the poo residue but the anal hole wasn't blocked to begin with just abnormally swollen

And yes I noticed when he poos he squats and then gets up but poo doesn't drop till he moves then it'll just fall like it got delayed at the exit door

Attachments

• IMG_20240207_190348_825.jpg
    IMG_20240207_190348_825.jpg
    585.3 KB · Views: 23
It may have gotten a little sore from having the poo stuck to it. I would either just give it a day or two and see if it looks better or you could put like a dab of coconut oil on it. If it's a poop issue, might try giving them probiotics in their water for part of a day. There's many different powdered probiotics for chicks/chickens, like Hydro-Hen we have.

That almost looks like a yeast infection which I doubt they can get that young, but the probiotics would help that too.

It may have gotten a little sore from having the poo stuck to it. I would either just give it a day or two and see if it looks better or you could put like a dab of coconut oil on it. If it's a poop issue, might try giving them probiotics in their water for part of a day. There's many different powdered probiotics for chicks/chickens, like Hydro-Hen we have.

That almost looks like a yeast infection which I doubt they can get that young, but the probiotics would help that too.
Thank you so much

Back
Top Bottom