Pasty Butt - Bloody (?) Vent?

Is she eating and drinking? I use BluKote spray to help prevent pecking. The blue lotion is probably similar. Yes it has alcohol, and the purple blue gentian violet which acts to hide red wounds to prevent pecking, but also is anti fungal and antibacterial. I usually have raised chickens with a heat lamp, which can allow you to separate in a separate little box or use netting to separate from others. I also have used heat plates, and if the vent is coated with BluKote, it should be able to go back with the others.,
They are eating when others are around or when I tap the food dish. I dabbed the wand that came with the bottle I got. It dyed the the remaining feathers and the reddest parts of the wound, but not the prolapse. I put the little one with the others to sleep tonight after dusk and will be monitoring them in the morning to see if there is any signs of continued pecking.

I really appreciate you walking me through what you have, Eggcessive.

Update to round out the thread.
Nugget is doing quite well, though an anxious little thing. They haven't had any additional pecking since twice a day treatment of their vent. The prolapse has also receded to close to normal, likely to continue the trend. Thank you all for your help with this!

Back
Top Bottom