"Patriotic Party! ~ Red, White & Blue Recipe Contest" MAY~Land of the Free Because of the brave HAL

Sally Sunshine

cattywampus
Premium Feather Member
10 Years
Aug 23, 2012
PA

We’re very excited to announce the winners of the

~ Patriotic Party! ~

Red, White & Blue Recipe Contest

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...he-brave-hal-w-hosts-mike-sally#post_16939806

Huge thanks to everyone who participated,
and ESPECIALLY to our prize/s sponsor
@MyPetChicken !
GK2lDU1VYZ6MU5-apjontnCfMDZiSkyNlqHX0O2RVB9kH2bT-UUz575-zh9O8op7ljWOLuN5RuAj6ojk6lpekhZ0e0TvO6uW9YbUKcUMzQ2hEusyLfiJLLY2hZ7inygmsFidqKIL

1st Place WINNER! @RodNTN

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodNTN
xpaJf36mrWcTEszblhRUOJeaY9nckGwjC3Z7wzMQjNlW-Jq0HVQonM9VYkyOAX2UydCGuqHTg5C1y24yPpmkC968QJD5XYbMxZUjWQ=s0-d-e1-ft

Buttery Sugar Cookies

Ingredients:
1. One cup of butter (2 sticks)
2. One cup of Sugar
3. One large egg
4. Two teaspoons of baking powder
5. 1 1/2 teaspoon of Mexican vanilla.
6. 2 3/4 cup of flour
7. 1/2 teaspoon of salt

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a mixer, cream your butter and sugar, and beat in egg and vanilla.
Mix your flour and baking powder together, and add 1 cup at a time to mixer.
(DO NOT chill your dough, because it will become stiff)
Divide the dough into two balls on a floured surface, roll it out to 1/8 inch thickness.
Cut with cookie cutter and bake on a greased pan for 8-10 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.
Decorate with sugar colored with food coloring and sprinkles (opt.)
ENJOY!
HT5tYkOfTpuer1E-6hQF_TEsjJbmjdw608PeKjLXWadp7-2O0F35CDpw4vH7dMrDw88cRRk5u11HgyCdD6QBfC0yd3iOeYniqkPMVIM=s0-d-e1-ft

1st Place:

Peace, Love, Chickens T-shirt: CLICK HERE

sVM6XijbURvvojC20hcGqbRjY4zTURbODl9v7Or4qvhDmFGWgGgxD23dLlYIUiDSfdafkC7kbClAazt6-sJk40kAzwXAfVj6lAxa3NGWWvgwxLaPmxhV9556s0uFSmkYkvQapSQv

2nd Place Winner! @sasafras4u2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasafras4u2

m5OoLtqwXPbL8-IO7Gjxb5_ljdZUW88MEFFuuPVE5RkfhL157uKclTZzFRlh2NxsG3WUjC2YXB_1PVZMD0KHOgP5WqAl-989a8SkCJfhVFxr10bF5ZR6ldRc18c=s0-d-e1-ft

Simple enough the grandkids helped me make it. It Paula Deans not yo mommas bananna puddin with a few adjustments. The only thing i change is i add fruits on top. I made a flag with the cookies upside down. Blueberries. And sliced strawberries. And of course whipped cream in the can! I have used pineapples and kiwi and mandarine oranges before too. Always with the bananas on the bottom atop of the cookies. Any shortbread cookie will work.

Taken from a public website.it is yum yum yummy.

2nd Place:

Team Pokey Coffee: CLICK HERE

Description: What is Coops for Troops?

The proceeds for TeamPokey Coffee are earmarked for Coops for Troops, which provides therapy chickens, a coop, and a starter pack of supplies to veterans and military families who may be struggling with isolation, depression, anxiety or PTSD, post traumatic stress disorder. We thank you for your support of Pokey and your support of our military men and women and their families who have served this great country of ours! Does the coffee make the grade?
Well, we love it! Team Pokey Coffee is well balanced and aromatic with just a hint of chocolate tones. It's a medium roast--not too dark, and not too light, perfect to enjoy any time of the day. And each sip you take will be all the sweeter, knowing you've supported this worthwhile cause.
Cj_gYSlLK-C3AO2SenJsJ8PJAzAHSvD6EOfvpmzNQifdIJUyLBa9sZ6ryW65gg-TAUr86Y_upYP6wlInMxnSHrYvEqDT3ZuEPcgCs_cN_XrOsmCqwBPLwegQL8JzrMopVSiTBHBn

3rd Place WINNER! @NaJoBeLe

Quote:Originally Posted by NaJoBeLe

Well here goes. I will preface this with I am not a cook, nor am I a photographer. However, in the words of my late grandfather "it's not the looks that are important, as long as it taste good I'm happy" I might not have done them justice cooking, prepping, or photographing but they were good regardless.

First up Red Velvet pancakes with cream cheese icing and blueberries.

a7_SijR_wNs5em3oWaAGjZGGt4b_Jx-QkVSRvmYRBggKGKyjF5po9yvtVRKiPHSss-A1S46UYAeW6k1EeyZw-gr26qLga7p5C-4705bYkkFj9qPSja7viQ=s0-d-e1-ft

Cream Cheese Topping
4 Oz cream cheese softened
1/4 cup butter
3 tbs milk
2 cups powdered gugar

Pancakes
2 cups original bisquick mix
1 tbs granulated sugar
1 tbs unsweetened baking cocoa
1 cup milk
1 to 1 1/2 tsp red paste food color
2 eggs
Powdered sugar if desired

1. In medium bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and 3 tbs milk with electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Gradually beat in 2 cups powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, on low speed until topping is smooth. Cover and set aside.

2. In large bowl, stir all pancake ingredients except powdered sugar until well blended. Heat griddle or skillet to medium-high heat (375°F). Spray with cooking spray if neccesarry.

3. Pour roughly 1/4 cup batter onto griddle. Cook 2-3 minutes until edges look dry and you see bubbles in the middle. Carefully flip and continue to cook for additional 1-2 minutes.

4. If desired sprinkle powdered sugar on and drizzle cream cheese topping, add blueberries and serve.

Cooks notes. Serving breakfast in bed to your pregnant wife will earn extra brownie points

3rd Place:

Wire Egg Display: CLICK HERE

Wire Egg Display Holds 12 eggs. Dimensions: 10 1/4" long x 7 1/2" wide
0xWe17Bqvyl_QOW2U4KF8likTcpyCSk4_5PJiqBiy1wz2OHOTvGPShSeEA2uGp76mZEdVtJ7s6z7viHTxv02HYxcqoQVmyuvvv7Me6qc7bVnKKdysJD4JqFEq_50PAvQfqX1PqiA

CONGRATS EVERYONE!!

~ Patriotic Party! ~

Enter your most patriotic Red White & Blue themed

party foods or drink recipes w/ photos.

ALL ENTRIES Must CONTAIN IMAGE/S AND RECIPE/S

4 Entries per Member, see rules below!

Prize donations by…

GK2lDU1VYZ6MU5-apjontnCfMDZiSkyNlqHX0O2RVB9kH2bT-UUz575-zh9O8op7ljWOLuN5RuAj6ojk6lpekhZ0e0TvO6uW9YbUKcUMzQ2hEusyLfiJLLY2hZ7inygmsFidqKIL

1st Place:

sVM6XijbURvvojC20hcGqbRjY4zTURbODl9v7Or4qvhDmFGWgGgxD23dLlYIUiDSfdafkC7kbClAazt6-sJk40kAzwXAfVj6lAxa3NGWWvgwxLaPmxhV9556s0uFSmkYkvQapSQv

2nd Place:

The proceeds for TeamPokey Coffee are earmarked for Coops for Troops, which provides therapy chickens, a coop, and a starter pack of supplies to veterans and military families who may be struggling with isolation, depression, anxiety or PTSD, post traumatic stress disorder. We thank you for your support of Pokey and your support of our military men and women and their families who have served this great country of ours! Does the coffee make the grade?
Well, we love it! Team Pokey Coffee is well balanced and aromatic with just a hint of chocolate tones. It's a medium roast--not too dark, and not too light, perfect to enjoy any time of the day. And each sip you take will be all the sweeter, knowing you've supported this worthwhile cause.
Cj_gYSlLK-C3AO2SenJsJ8PJAzAHSvD6EOfvpmzNQifdIJUyLBa9sZ6ryW65gg-TAUr86Y_upYP6wlInMxnSHrYvEqDT3ZuEPcgCs_cN_XrOsmCqwBPLwegQL8JzrMopVSiTBHBn

3rd Place:

0xWe17Bqvyl_QOW2U4KF8likTcpyCSk4_5PJiqBiy1wz2OHOTvGPShSeEA2uGp76mZEdVtJ7s6z7viHTxv02HYxcqoQVmyuvvv7Me6qc7bVnKKdysJD4JqFEq_50PAvQfqX1PqiA

Contest Rules:

Open to ALL BYC members in the Continental U.S. ONLY (Not Alaska or Hawaii)

Must be your picture taken in the past year

Photo cannot have been entered in other contests

Maximum of 4 entries per person

No fake editing or Captions-

We want to see the world through your eyes,

not through the excessive use of editing tools.

However, basic cropping is allowed.

To submit your entries, simply post your images in this thread

Contest Ends May 31st, 2016 Midnight EST

For List of Winners, check back to this page after June 12th, 2016

Winners chosen by a panel of judges, judge’s decisions will be final.

REMINDER that your host's reserves the right to disqualify posts not following the rules.

All BYC Rules Apply! Terms of Service (Rules)

VOID where Prohibited!

fFqOnU2NP1pa5hMDZChZ4a0eaKZw1L1ttNnA7ZCaH-eltvhRfTEtuPAHpRYuvsBrO9O6inhSNMhH31QKSe7-jyfnAVawhvTd9gRMz7R318mmHkiYusUme_tQW53JJ_jvGAOwzWLe

COOL New CONTESTS

w/ fantastic Prizes donated by
XJ_6Hnw1Fhl1l5aV7JS_nfuOVXJ1syVYcuB9ofP8sjhgxQo9qymOtw2jyw43GWLduaJLMBiXq6s8K1pyp7NfNIVGH9HO_APG6OP0MSLohzBSNyjDaKxWcuhaatlJDQy5OGZKcJcz

Remembering Our Fallen CLICK HERE

Poultry Shaming Photo Contest CLICK HERE

Show your Stripes! Patriotic Poultry CLICK HERE

Patriotic Party! Red, White & Blue Recipe/Photo Contest CLICK HERE

Shouldered Poultry Photo Contest! CLICK HERE

Poultry in Nature! Photo Contest CLICK HERE

Natural Eggs & Flowers Photo Contest! CLICK HERE

A FEW EXTRA CONTEST FROM OUR MEMBERS!

Head Shots Photo Contest! MAY HAL Members ONLY CLICK HERE

MAY "SHARE A LAUGH" CLICK HERE

If you have not joined the

2016 Hatch-a-Long Please Join us here...

Last edited:

Buttery Sugar Cookies
Ingredients:
One cup of butter (2 sticks)
2. One cup of Sugar
3. One large egg
4. Two teaspoons of baking powder
5. 1 1/2 teaspoon of Mexican vanilla.
6. 2 3/4
cup of flour
7. 1/2 teaspoon of salt

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a mixer, cream your butter and sugar, and beat in egg and vanilla.
Mix your flour and baking powder together, and add 1 cup at a time to mixer.
(DO NOT chill your dough, because it will become stiff)
Divide the dough into two balls on a floured surface, roll it out to 1/8 inch thickness.
Cut with cookie cutter and bake on a greased pan for 8-10 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.

Decorate with sugar colored with food coloring and sprinkles (opt.)
ENJOY!
smile.png

Last edited:
Well here goes. I will preface this with I am not a cook, nor am I a photographer. However, in the words of my late grandfather "it's not the looks that are important, as long as it taste good I'm happy" I might not have done them justice cooking, prepping, or photographing but they were good regardless.

First up Red Velvet pancakes with cream cheese icing and blueberries.

Cream Cheese Topping
4 Oz cream cheese softened
1/4 cup butter
3 tbs milk
2 cups powdered gugar

Pancakes
2 cups original bisquick mix
1 tbs granulated sugar
1 tbs unsweetened baking cocoa
1 cup milk
1 to 1 1/2 tsp red paste food color
2 eggs
Powdered sugar if desired

1. In medium bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and 3 tbs milk with electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Gradually beat in 2 cups powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, on low speed until topping is smooth. Cover and set aside.

2. In large bowl, stir all pancake ingredients except powdered sugar until well blended. Heat griddle or skillet to medium-high heat (375°F). Spray with cooking spray if neccesarry.

3. Pour roughly 1/4 cup batter onto griddle. Cook 2-3 minutes until edges look dry and you see bubbles in the middle. Carefully flip and continue to cook for additional 1-2 minutes.

4. If desired sprinkle powdered sugar on and drizzle cream cheese topping, add blueberries and serve.

Cooks notes. Serving breakfast in bed to your pregnant wife will earn extra brownie points

Next up we have some
Patriotic deviled eggs

Gather 1 dzn older eggs (older eggs tend to peel easier)
Boil eggs, peel, slice in half, separate yolks into a bowl.
Take the halves and divide into three piles. 1 for each color, mix paste food coloring with 1-2 cups hot water add 1-2 tbs white vinegar for more vibrant colors.
Mix yolk, 1/4 cup mayonaise, 1 tsp mustard, salt, pepper.

Stuff egg halves, cool, and serve.

Last but not least we have

Strawberry Smores

2 pints cleaned and dried strawberries
1 1/2 cups melted chocolate
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 bag large marshmallows
Kitchen torch, lighter, or gas stove
Long toothpicks or skewers

1. Cut tops off strawberries.
2. Place marshmallow on top, skewer with toothpick.
3. Dip strawberry into chocolate.
4. Immediately dip into graham cracker crumbs.
5. Set on parchment paper to set up, place in fridge for faster set tine.
6. Before serving toast marshmallow with torch and serve.

~ Patriotic Party! ~

Enter your most patriotic Red White & Blue themed

party foods or drink recipes w/ photos.

4 Entries per Member, see rules below!

Prize donations by…

1st Place:

2nd Place:

3rd Place:

Contest Rules:

Open to ALL BYC members in the Continental U.S. ONLY (Not Alaska or Hawaii)

Must be your picture taken in the past year

Photo cannot have been entered in other contests

Maximum of 4 entries per person

No fake editing or Captions-

We want to see the world through your eyes,

not through the excessive use of editing tools.

However, basic cropping and poop removal is allowed.

To submit your entries, simply post your images in this thread

Contest Ends May 31st, 2016 Midnight EST

For List of Winners, check back to this page after June 12th, 2016

Winners chosen by a panel of judges, judge’s decisions will be final.

REMINDER that your host's reserves the right to disqualify posts not following the rules.

All BYC Rules Apply! Terms of Service (Rules)

VOID where Prohibited!

fFqOnU2NP1pa5hMDZChZ4a0eaKZw1L1ttNnA7ZCaH-eltvhRfTEtuPAHpRYuvsBrO9O6inhSNMhH31QKSe7-jyfnAVawhvTd9gRMz7R318mmHkiYusUme_tQW53JJ_jvGAOwzWLe

COOL New CONTESTS

w/ fantastic Prizes donated by
XJ_6Hnw1Fhl1l5aV7JS_nfuOVXJ1syVYcuB9ofP8sjhgxQo9qymOtw2jyw43GWLduaJLMBiXq6s8K1pyp7NfNIVGH9HO_APG6OP0MSLohzBSNyjDaKxWcuhaatlJDQy5OGZKcJcz

Remembering Our Fallen CLICK HERE

Poultry Shaming Photo Contest CLICK HERE

Show your Stripes! Patriotic Poultry CLICK HERE

Patriotic Party! Red, White & Blue Recipe/Photo Contest CLICK HERE

Shouldered Poultry Photo Contest! CLICK HERE

Poultry in Nature! Photo Contest CLICK HERE

Natural Eggs & Flowers Photo Contest! CLICK HERE

If you have not joined the

2016 Hatch-a-Long Please Join us here...

Ummm, I sure hope you won't need to remove poop from the pictures in this contest.....
gig.gif

lau.gif
I pray not! @mlm Mike we need Banti to be our proofer!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom