"Patriotic Party! ~ Red, White & Blue Recipe Contest" MAY~Land of the Free Because of the brave HAL

I have a recipe, but no photos, and no time to make it and take photos of it
hit.gif

Here is my photo:

I have to write up the recipe later today for the pancakes and edit my post after I type it up on my computer (on my phone atm in bed). Update: I posted the pancake recipe with directions!
smile.png

Ingredients:
Pancakes (see recipe below)
Fresh strawberries sliced
Whipped cream
Butter to put on pancakes (optional)

Make three round pancakes having one be bigger than the other two. Once cooked place on blue and white plate in the shape of Mickey Mouse ears making sure to tuck the ear pancakes under the head pancake just a little bit. Place sliced strawberries on each pancake. Put whipped cream on each ear pancake take a photo and share it with your friends then eat! You can do this from homemade pancakes to pancake mix where you just add eggs, milk and oil! I like homemade using fresh guinea eggs!
1f600.png
smile.png
You can use different fruits if you prefer (like blueberries, raspberries etc... I only had strawberries on hand since blueberries are not in season where I live).

Pancake Recipe:

3/4 Cup milk
1 Egg (I use fresh guinea eggs since I have guineas!)
2 Tablespoons of Oil
1 Cup Flour
1 Tablespoon of Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
1 Tablespoon of Baking Powder

Need a medium size mixing bowl and various measuring tools based on the amount of ingredients needed.

Directions:

1. Preheat electric skillet to 350 degrees F. Some skillets may need a heat of 380 degrees F. Look to see if you have a pancake setting on your skillet. (You can use a frying pan if you don't own an electric skillet).

2. Measure 3/4 cup milk and leave it in the measuring cup!

3. Add 1 egg and the 2 Tbsp of oil into the measuring cup holding the milk.

4. Stir the egg, oil and milk until blended. Use a fork for this step!

5. Into the bowl, measure the 1 cup of flour, 1 Tbsp. of sugar, 1/2 tsp. of salt and the 1 Tbsp. of baking powder.

6. Stir all dry ingredients until well blended.

7. Make a well in the dry ingredients.

8. Then pour the liquid ingredients into the well.

9. Stir the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients until the dry ingredients are thoroughly moistened. DO NOT OVER STIR---- no more than 20 to 30 strokes. The batter will be LUMPY!

To Cook:

Check your skillet (or frying pan) to see if it hot by dropping 2-3 water drops onto it. If the water sizzles and jumps around your skillet is hot.

Drop two heaping tablespoons of batter for each pancake into the skillet. Bake pancakes until the edges appear dry and there are small air bubbles breaking on the surface of the pancakes. Turn and bake on the other side. This takes about two minutes on each side. The time depends on how hot the skillet is, how big your pancakes are and the amount of liquid in your recipe (ie if you had frozen blueberries it will have more liquid therefore it will take longer to cook).

If making a whole bunch of pancakes you can keep them warm till serving time by stacking them onto a plate with paper towels between pancake. Place in the oven at 250 F to keep warm until you are ready to eat them with your family.

I will be right over for breakfast!! Coffee too ?
wink.png

LESS THAN SIX DAYS

to ENTER CONTESTS !!!!! @MyPetChicken

COOL New CONTESTS

w/ fantastic Prizes donated by…

i-kDcTPGfk1qTz7wqbYaWDF1SVWWLyDeZPfnT6Qq5WhIQQDYaFjgup8RJ1NafnbTG0JCGEDNCWpaTS7SrthAevspyg49BCYFZ6_ntlcBCR_Norca-Torkt_te3b1P2wJ-1QeZK0w

Remembering Our Fallen CLICK HERE

Random Drawing to be chosen from the stories.

If the winner doesn’t want a coop $250 MPC credit.

Poultry Shaming Photo Contest CLICK HERE

Show your Stripes! Patriotic Poultry CLICK HERE

Patriotic Party! Red, White & Blue Recipe/Photo Contest CLICK HERE

Shouldered Poultry Photo Contest! CLICK HERE

Poultry in Nature! Photo Contest CLICK HERE

Natural Eggs & Flowers Photo Contest! CLICK HERE

A FEW EXTRA CONTEST FROM OUR MEMBERS!

Head Shots Photo Contest! MAY HAL Members ONLY CLICK HERE

MAY "SHARE A LAUGH" CLICK HERE - Prizes are yet to be determined.

ALL CONTESTS CLOSE TONIGHT

5/31/16

MIDNIGHT EST!!

WINNERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED .....

ON OR BEFORE JUNE 12th

CONTESTS

w/ fantastic Prizes donated by…

i-kDcTPGfk1qTz7wqbYaWDF1SVWWLyDeZPfnT6Qq5WhIQQDYaFjgup8RJ1NafnbTG0JCGEDNCWpaTS7SrthAevspyg49BCYFZ6_ntlcBCR_Norca-Torkt_te3b1P2wJ-1QeZK0w

Remembering Our Fallen CLICK HERE

Random Drawing to be chosen from the stories.

If the winner doesn’t want a coop $250 MPC credit.

Poultry Shaming Photo Contest CLICK HERE

Show your Stripes! Patriotic Poultry CLICK HERE

Patriotic Party! Red, White & Blue Recipe/Photo Contest CLICK HERE

Shouldered Poultry Photo Contest! CLICK HERE

Poultry in Nature! Photo Contest CLICK HERE

Natural Eggs & Flowers Photo Contest! CLICK HERE

A FEW EXTRA CONTEST FROM OUR MEMBERS!

Head Shots Photo Contest! MAY HAL Members ONLY CLICK HERE

MAY "SHARE A LAUGH" CLICK HERE - Prizes are yet to be determined.

I have no picture but wonder why no one has said plain yogurt with blueberries and strawberries, maybe a little granola

Yum!

CONTEST CLOSED MIDNIGHT 5/31/16 EST
Winners to be announced on or before JUNE 12th, 2016!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE and THANK YOU FOR THE GREAT SUBMISSIONS!

We’re very excited to announce the winners of the

~ Patriotic Party! ~ Red, White & Blue Recipe Contest

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...he-brave-hal-w-hosts-mike-sally#post_16939806

Huge thanks to everyone who participated,
and ESPECIALLY to our prize/s sponsor
@MyPetChicken !

GK2lDU1VYZ6MU5-apjontnCfMDZiSkyNlqHX0O2RVB9kH2bT-UUz575-zh9O8op7ljWOLuN5RuAj6ojk6lpekhZ0e0TvO6uW9YbUKcUMzQ2hEusyLfiJLLY2hZ7inygmsFidqKIL

1st Place WINNER! @RodNTN

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodNTN
xpaJf36mrWcTEszblhRUOJeaY9nckGwjC3Z7wzMQjNlW-Jq0HVQonM9VYkyOAX2UydCGuqHTg5C1y24yPpmkC968QJD5XYbMxZUjWQ=s0-d-e1-ft

Buttery Sugar Cookies

Ingredients:
1. One cup of butter (2 sticks)
2. One cup of Sugar
3. One large egg
4. Two teaspoons of baking powder
5. 1 1/2 teaspoon of Mexican vanilla.
6. 2 3/4 cup of flour
7. 1/2 teaspoon of salt

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a mixer, cream your butter and sugar, and beat in egg and vanilla.
Mix your flour and baking powder together, and add 1 cup at a time to mixer.
(DO NOT chill your dough, because it will become stiff)
Divide the dough into two balls on a floured surface, roll it out to 1/8 inch thickness.
Cut with cookie cutter and bake on a greased pan for 8-10 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.
Decorate with sugar colored with food coloring and sprinkles (opt.)
ENJOY!
HT5tYkOfTpuer1E-6hQF_TEsjJbmjdw608PeKjLXWadp7-2O0F35CDpw4vH7dMrDw88cRRk5u11HgyCdD6QBfC0yd3iOeYniqkPMVIM=s0-d-e1-ft

1st Place:

Peace, Love, Chickens T-shirt: CLICK HERE

sVM6XijbURvvojC20hcGqbRjY4zTURbODl9v7Or4qvhDmFGWgGgxD23dLlYIUiDSfdafkC7kbClAazt6-sJk40kAzwXAfVj6lAxa3NGWWvgwxLaPmxhV9556s0uFSmkYkvQapSQv

2nd Place Winner! @sasafras4u2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasafras4u2

m5OoLtqwXPbL8-IO7Gjxb5_ljdZUW88MEFFuuPVE5RkfhL157uKclTZzFRlh2NxsG3WUjC2YXB_1PVZMD0KHOgP5WqAl-989a8SkCJfhVFxr10bF5ZR6ldRc18c=s0-d-e1-ft

Simple enough the grandkids helped me make it. It Paula Deans not yo mommas bananna puddin with a few adjustments. The only thing i change is i add fruits on top. I made a flag with the cookies upside down. Blueberries. And sliced strawberries. And of course whipped cream in the can! I have used pineapples and kiwi and mandarine oranges before too. Always with the bananas on the bottom atop of the cookies. Any shortbread cookie will work.

Taken from a public website.it is yum yum yummy.

2nd Place:

Team Pokey Coffee: CLICK HERE

Description: What is Coops for Troops?

The proceeds for TeamPokey Coffee are earmarked for Coops for Troops, which provides therapy chickens, a coop, and a starter pack of supplies to veterans and military families who may be struggling with isolation, depression, anxiety or PTSD, post traumatic stress disorder. We thank you for your support of Pokey and your support of our military men and women and their families who have served this great country of ours! Does the coffee make the grade?
Well, we love it! Team Pokey Coffee is well balanced and aromatic with just a hint of chocolate tones. It's a medium roast--not too dark, and not too light, perfect to enjoy any time of the day. And each sip you take will be all the sweeter, knowing you've supported this worthwhile cause.
Cj_gYSlLK-C3AO2SenJsJ8PJAzAHSvD6EOfvpmzNQifdIJUyLBa9sZ6ryW65gg-TAUr86Y_upYP6wlInMxnSHrYvEqDT3ZuEPcgCs_cN_XrOsmCqwBPLwegQL8JzrMopVSiTBHBn

3rd Place WINNER! @NaJoBeLe

Quote:Originally Posted by NaJoBeLe

Well here goes. I will preface this with I am not a cook, nor am I a photographer. However, in the words of my late grandfather "it's not the looks that are important, as long as it taste good I'm happy" I might not have done them justice cooking, prepping, or photographing but they were good regardless.

First up Red Velvet pancakes with cream cheese icing and blueberries.

a7_SijR_wNs5em3oWaAGjZGGt4b_Jx-QkVSRvmYRBggKGKyjF5po9yvtVRKiPHSss-A1S46UYAeW6k1EeyZw-gr26qLga7p5C-4705bYkkFj9qPSja7viQ=s0-d-e1-ft

Cream Cheese Topping
4 Oz cream cheese softened
1/4 cup butter
3 tbs milk
2 cups powdered gugar

Pancakes
2 cups original bisquick mix
1 tbs granulated sugar
1 tbs unsweetened baking cocoa
1 cup milk
1 to 1 1/2 tsp red paste food color
2 eggs
Powdered sugar if desired

1. In medium bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and 3 tbs milk with electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Gradually beat in 2 cups powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, on low speed until topping is smooth. Cover and set aside.

2. In large bowl, stir all pancake ingredients except powdered sugar until well blended. Heat griddle or skillet to medium-high heat (375°F). Spray with cooking spray if neccesarry.

3. Pour roughly 1/4 cup batter onto griddle. Cook 2-3 minutes until edges look dry and you see bubbles in the middle. Carefully flip and continue to cook for additional 1-2 minutes.

4. If desired sprinkle powdered sugar on and drizzle cream cheese topping, add blueberries and serve.

Cooks notes. Serving breakfast in bed to your pregnant wife will earn extra brownie points

3rd Place:

Wire Egg Display: CLICK HERE

Wire Egg Display Holds 12 eggs. Dimensions: 10 1/4" long x 7 1/2" wide
0xWe17Bqvyl_QOW2U4KF8likTcpyCSk4_5PJiqBiy1wz2OHOTvGPShSeEA2uGp76mZEdVtJ7s6z7viHTxv02HYxcqoQVmyuvvv7Me6qc7bVnKKdysJD4JqFEq_50PAvQfqX1PqiA

CONGRATS EVERYONE!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom