"Patriotic Party! ~ Red, White & Blue Recipe Contest" MAY~Land of the Free Because of the brave HAL

pop.gif

Simple enough the grandkids helped me make it. It Paula Deans not yo mommas bananna puddin with a few adjustments. The only thing i change is i add fruits on top. I made a flag with the cookies upside down. Blueberries. And sliced strawberries. And of course whipped cream in the can! I have used pineapples and kiwi and mandarine oranges before too. Always with the bananas on the bottom atop of the cookies. Any shortbread cookie will work.

Taken from a public website.it is yum yum yummy.

Entry #1

Here is my photo:

I have to write up the recipe later today for the pancakes and edit my post after I type it up on my computer (on my phone atm in bed). Update: I posted the pancake recipe with directions! :)

Ingredients:
Pancakes (see recipe below)
Fresh strawberries sliced
Whipped cream
Butter to put on pancakes (optional)

Make three round pancakes having one be bigger than the other two. Once cooked place on blue and white plate in the shape of Mickey Mouse ears making sure to tuck the ear pancakes under the head pancake just a little bit. Place sliced strawberries on each pancake. Put whipped cream on each ear pancake take a photo and share it with your friends then eat! You can do this from homemade pancakes to pancake mix where you just add eggs, milk and oil! I like homemade using fresh guinea eggs!
1f600.png
:) You can use different fruits if you prefer (like blueberries, raspberries etc... I only had strawberries on hand since blueberries are not in season where I live).

Pancake Recipe:

3/4 Cup milk
1 Egg (I use fresh guinea eggs since I have guineas!)
2 Tablespoons of Oil
1 Cup Flour
1 Tablespoon of Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
1 Tablespoon of Baking Powder

Need a medium size mixing bowl and various measuring tools based on the amount of ingredients needed.

Directions:

1. Preheat electric skillet to 350 degrees F. Some skillets may need a heat of 380 degrees F. Look to see if you have a pancake setting on your skillet. (You can use a frying pan if you don't own an electric skillet).

2. Measure 3/4 cup milk and leave it in the measuring cup!

3. Add 1 egg and the 2 Tbsp of oil into the measuring cup holding the milk.

4. Stir the egg, oil and milk until blended. Use a fork for this step!

5. Into the bowl, measure the 1 cup of flour, 1 Tbsp. of sugar, 1/2 tsp. of salt and the 1 Tbsp. of baking powder.

6. Stir all dry ingredients until well blended.

7. Make a well in the dry ingredients.

8. Then pour the liquid ingredients into the well.

9. Stir the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients until the dry ingredients are thoroughly moistened. DO NOT OVER STIR---- no more than 20 to 30 strokes. The batter will be LUMPY!

To Cook:

Check your skillet (or frying pan) to see if it hot by dropping 2-3 water drops onto it. If the water sizzles and jumps around your skillet is hot.

Drop two heaping tablespoons of batter for each pancake into the skillet. Bake pancakes until the edges appear dry and there are small air bubbles breaking on the surface of the pancakes. Turn and bake on the other side. This takes about two minutes on each side. The time depends on how hot the skillet is, how big your pancakes are and the amount of liquid in your recipe (ie if you had frozen blueberries it will have more liquid therefore it will take longer to cook).

If making a whole bunch of pancakes you can keep them warm till serving time by stacking them onto a plate with paper towels between pancake. Place in the oven at 250 F to keep warm until you are ready to eat them with your family.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom