PayPal surprise fee of $7.95 !

Cathlina

In the Brooder
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
Texas Transplant
Well I had an unpleasant surprise today at the bank. The last 2 Paypals I did for eggs had an extra added on fee of $7.95 to each transaction
The bank didn't understand what the fee was for either. I had a transaction for $20 last month and there was no fee. But the 2 transactions for $40 each had the $7.95 fee.
Anyone else have this yet? Maybe you might want to check your accounts.

Ouch! Did you find out why??
I've been fussing about PP taking .80 for every transaction , but that's wrong --- must be a problem in PP acc'ting or something.

It didn't show up on my end (but I guess it wouldn't).
Nothing has changed here on my PP acc't.
If I can help with figuring out (disputing) the charges, please let me know.
Lisa

I was the buyer...dang I am always the buyer.
th.gif

Well someone said it may be because I pay by e-check. I am not sure but I will find out. I have e-mailed them and hope to get some answers soon. On my bank statement it noted that the fee was associated with each certain transaction.

Well I personally feel for you. My recent and final PayPal experience was bad. I spent two years using PayPal for everything until I started seeing these, "Hidden Fees". I have transacted thousands of dollars and paid hundreds of dollars I didn't need to. PayPal has the ability to suspend or freeze your bank accounts if they think a 3rd party is involved. www.PayPalsucks.com is a good source of info. I had to pull my credit cards and remove my bank accounts to keep paypal from controlling them. My customers who paid through paypal all had to wait months to be refunded. The money went into the wrong account and wouldn't allow me access to it. Paypal employees that could barely speak english hung up on me and i did not recieve one email in response to the ones I sent stating the problem. But I was bombarded with paypal reminders of claims being filed (I advised all my customers to use their Paypal and ebay buyer protection), which remedied the problem. Very, very sad and pitiful customer service. Paypal doesn't protect the seller or buyer if they get screwed by paypal themselves So watch out for those loopholes and do some reading. It only takes one time for them to screw you good. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
I have heard horror stories about paypal from other people for a long time but so many others, including myself till now, have had no troubles. But if this does not get straightened out I will close my paypal account. At least with this account. I have been wanting to start another account just for birds, just with out so much money in it.

Back
Top Bottom