PayPal surprise fee of $7.95 !

I had a bad experience with PayPal. They charged my account for someone else's purchase. Over $700. Luckily, I didn't have any trouble getting it corrected and I cancelled my account immediately.

I have never had a problem with pay pal, but i bought something not to long ago and the seller refused to accept pay pal, i e mailed him and asked why since i always use them, He explained that they charge so much he was unable to make a profit, but he did use i think it was Google, and i used their pay method and it went Thu perfect.

I am only a buyer on ebay but I checked my paypal account after reading this post, no fees, thankfully, thanks for the heads up though
smile.png

I used Paypal four times this last week as a buyer twice as a seller. I just checked my accounts bank and Paypal and I do not have any other fees. I have been using Paypal for years and have always had excellent service from them on the phone and via the internet.

I am wondering if the fee is just for echecks because a lot of sellers do not want or accept them for payment anymore?
hmm.png

The reason why they jumped it up was cause of george bush (i think). I was listening to the news when they said that paypal and ebay are jumping up the fees for people who dont pay tax's. Now please I dont need any personal attacks because I heard this on the news

We have never had a huge problem with paypal, but our banker strongly suggested setting up another account just for ebay. He said he sees problems all the time from people who use paypal.

Quote:
Hey, PC, I like the way inuyashalover21 thinks.
wink.png

I think the tax you are talking about is a 'use' tax. Buying items out of state, like if went to NH an bought a bunch of things, no sales tax there. or online there is no sales tax, unless the company is Maine based. Well, I am supposed to claim any such items on my Maine state return so I can get taxed for them.
hmm.png

I've never gotten fees tacked on by Paypal, or at least not to that extent and certianly not when I was the buyer. Maybe, because it was an e-check?
hu.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom