peacock as a indoor pet

They will have spraddle leggs? If its this the problem I know how to help him. I had a deformed pheasant that I got make it walk.
This morning I listened a egg crashing, I thought that I broke it, but this afternoon I seen the pipping from the small part, my mother told me that maybe it's hatching, but I said that it's very rare and now....Maybe passed 20 hours from the first pipping.
But it will hatch alone?
Thanks

I can't see inside the egg but sence you have it in your hand i can only assume the mebrain may be dried around the baby and it can not move to finish pipping at this point.
i dought it will have spraddlle legg, but most likely will have curled toes, which can be fixed easely in a day or 2 if they do not straighten on their own.

Hi
The chick hatched and it haves what you told me, curled toes.
3 hours ago I seen the chick pipping but it was making noise and it seemed thaht can't hatch.

I help it to hatch because I was concerned, now it's alive in the incubator drying her feathers. It's very cute. It haves the legs very uned and the curled toes, but I got a pheasant with the backbone deformed and the legs extremly deformed with a very curled toes making it walk, I think this peachick will walk.

What colour canl be this chick?
Like I told above, the peahen layed her eggs in a nest that was incubating a turkey and the chicks will hatch in 2 days of diference. I think it's good for me because I can take time for every one of the chicks, and the peafowl don't grow fast, because this, the diference of age will not be important.
Thanks

clap.gif
This is wonderful you did a great job with him
big_smile.png
, just watch the baby for a day or two it"s feet may straighten out if not there are members here to help you with pea shoes for it.
it is hard to tell when it is wet but it looks like a India blue split to white or mabe even a pied, post another photo when it gets fluffy.

PS give that other egg 24 hours before you help it if it just pipped, helping this early could cause bleeding and this will make the chick weak, if i have to help a chick and it bleeds after it hatches i give it a drop of children's vitamins without iron, we have (poly vi sol) here, do not know what you have available in your country.

Last edited:
With this egg passed more than 24 hours to help him, I think 30 hours after the external pipping. I bleeds something but not a important bleed, I have button quails who bleed a lot more and they survived, and this, I can't say that don't bleed anything.
I don't know why, but I think it's a male.
The problem I had with the pheasant it's that I let it with her brothers and it haves cold and died, was the pheasant who I love more but I couldn't do anything, I was at school. It eats a lot, and try to walk, eat a lot of pinkie worms and pap that I made for my birds, they love it.

I tried to fix her legs with a iron cable, but don't help anything and I did a botched job, I take a cylinder of vater paper and I put 2 holes where I entered her legs, then i put him near his face and let him like it's sitting. That helped him walk and I was very emocionated.
Someone told me that pheasants are very dificult to imprint. I deny that are impossible, have some difficult but hey imprint on me. I have 4 pheasants )1 is very small and I don't take it out for a walk) The 3 others follow me, when I'm not with him, start laughing and making a horrible noise, when they see me run to me, but they stay less closer than the ducks, goslings or Sam, the partridge. I need to say that the first day i take them over, one of the pheasants escaped and I can't find it, but this, 3 ones, stay with me. Yesterday, i had a problem with Pablito the gosling, all the birds were with me but Pablito no, I look for it and let all the birds alone, when I returned, I found the ducks coming and thepartridges near to find me, It was very crazy to see them all looking for me.
Thanks

thumbsup.gif
so pretty has the peep ,peep, peep made you crazy yet?
I love it, it is in my belly right now. I can't let it with the pheasants or alone, it starts calling me very loud.
Thank you Kathy.
I think it's a pied?
Finally the curled legs aren't a problem, it walks so good.
What is better for peachicks, wild birds(partridge, pheasant, quail, etc...) food or baby chicken food? chiken food have coccidiostats and is medicated.
It eated some pap, insectivorous bird food, yellow food and goldfinch seeds, everything crushed well. That is good? I can give it millet and little frogs?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom