Peacock killing a duck?

He plugged up the holes? where did the holes come from? it will be back and now Peggy will be found Innocent of the crime he did not do this, it would have had duck feathers on him, if there was just a small opening a bird of pray could have also gotten in the pen but there would be tons of piles of feathers as they pluck and eat their kill.

I know this is a peacock is out to get something it will not stop, it will not take a break and get it later when no one is looking, it will be persistent to it gets what it wants or runs it off, if he would have been after these ducks the owner of the place would have heard a ruckus and saw what was going on if they spend any time with their birds.

Peacocks do not have teeth they are not great peckers they prefer to tear off small pieces when they can but not for a long time other than that they eat bite size portions they do not maul something and rip, it apart like a coon

You guys are great support,
thumbsup.gif
thanks from me and from the 100% innocent Peggy.
I need to work on finding a new home for Peggy where he will be safe from predators and accusations!
And, of course, where I will be able to see him every day.

I do have to update this story to report that a raccoon was actually caught in the act of killing ducks in another pen, so Peggy was declared: "Innocent!"
Relief all around.
woot.gif

Thank you for that MinxFox. I thought it sounded like raccoons too. I hope they don't eat Peggy, his perch isn't very high.
barnie.gif

Peggy's foster father separated him from his roommates and tried to patch up any holes in the fence.
But if nobody gets eaten, he won't know if it was because he patched the holes or because Peggy is in solitary confinement.
sad.png

I'm definitely going to set up a trail cam, hopefully it will catch a prowling raccoon and Peggy's innocence will be proved.

Thank you all for your thoughts about this. I'm really glad you all seem to think (as I do) that it's pretty much impossible that Peggy did this, and that it was likely some predator like a raccoon.
@MinxFox , thank you for the suggestion about greasing the perch poles. Unfortunately, his train does reach close to the ground from his perch.

This is so worrisome for several reasons. First of all, of course, I want Peggy to be safe from predators! And second, I'm afraid he'll be evicted from his foster home, and I don't have anyplace else to house him!
But hopefully the trail cam will capture the culprit and resolve this problem!
fl.gif

Hmm.
Peggy's foster father is convinced it was Peggy because since he isolated Peggy (and plugged up the holes in the fence) there haven't been any more ducks killed.
Oh well.

Thank you so much @Blue Creek Farm for that vote of confidence in Peggy!
Unfortunately, against all logic, he has been judged Guilty
he.gif
so we'll see what happens next...
sad.png

One of my peacocks and one of my Muscovy drakes, both alphas of their kind, are best buds.... but with mating season comes their game... They will face each other off as if to start a fight and usually the Muscovy drake ends up holding onto some pea tail feathers while sitting on the train and being pulled around... This is their thing each mating season and thru the rest of the year they just hang out in passing as friends do but have never hurt each other... Both lose a few feathers by the end of the season but that it...
Just thought I'd share... Don't think either that a peacock would kill a duck and think it sounds like a weasel or raccoon or mink instead...

Good story!

Happy to say that Peggy's foster father has downgraded him from "duck murderer" to "possible involuntary duckicide, potentially followed by a rat that got in and chewed the duck's head off."
Crisis averted.
big_smile.png
I can't really complain about foster-pop, who has been incredibly generous to my sweetie boy.

Back
Top Bottom