Peafowl Eggs On The Way....

LOL, I understand! I kept three ducklings out of my last group and incubating some more. I love ducks!
BeccaOH,
fl.gif
on your first try at peafowl too!!
smile.png

I want to try some peafowl eggs soooo bad but can't make myself pay the outrageous prices with no guarantee that they'll hatch. Was debating it then got a box of 2 dozen eggs in the mail and only had 2 hatch! Worse rate yet so now I'm even more scared to get any peafowl. Good luck to you though!!!!

Quote:
No, no, mine doesn't get mad about more eggs. More DOGS, now, that's another story. Sigh.

I just HAVE to have an English Shepherd, oh what shall I do to convince him. It is to GUARD the chickens. Truly.

And believe me, the incumbent dogs have NO interest in guarding chickens. Eating chickens, yet, guarding them, no.

Sorry I guess this is a little OT, I'll stop.
sad.png

Catherine

English Shepherds are wonderful!! I think more farm places would have them if they only knew...
I had one named "Chief" for years, one of the best dogs we ever had.
Yeah, the cost of peafowl eggs is a little prohibitive but I really wanted to give it a try, whether its sink or swim,lol.
smile.png

Sending good hatching vibes your way. I hatched one peachick out of 6, three weeks ago. They are hard to hatch especially shipped ones. Also know that they can hatch early. I didn't know this and I really wasn't prepared with humidity and such. It hatched barely into day 26.

Get any hatchlings?

I got 8 peacock eggs on a whim and 4 of them have HATCHED!
wee.gif
I think I would have been happy if 2 made it. I believe I got 3 India Blue and one Pearl. Not really sure yet, though. The breeds were varied in the mix I got.

Back
Top Bottom