Peafowl Prices

There is really not a place where you can get an idea of what peafowl cost. To top it off, when you call peacock breeders they somehow get amnesia and act stupid about what they have available and what it cost.
Have you tried speaking with any of them via phone insted of e-mails? i know Sid with Texaspeafowl only disclosed prices with me over the phone not e-mails.

IMO peafowl cost all different prices , depends on color, area and demand,
Last year you asked much more for your peas if i remember right and didn't you also ask different prices for different colors also?

There is really not a place where you can get an idea of what peafowl cost. To top it off, when you call peacock breeders they somehow get amnesia and act stupid about what they have available and what it cost. 

Have you tried speaking with any of them via phone insted of e-mails? i know Sid with Texaspeafowl only disclosed prices with me over the phone not e-mails.

IMO peafowl cost all different prices , depends on color, area and demand,
 Last year you asked much more for your peas if i remember right and didn't you also ask different prices for different colors also? 

So true. A lot of factors will determine price.

They went as fast as i listed them last year, i wanted to raise up some trios to sell this year and sell eggs also, won't be doing much hatching unless i sell all the trios first
big_smile.png
I have 7 sets to sell which i believe will be gone as soon as i list them, already have folks waiting on eggs from last year so hopefully i can keep up with the egg hunt for 3 months.

I personally don't mind keeping and feeding ours until they are older. one reason is to determine sex and another in the case of bssp and pieds is to see what the males train will look like. I'm working now on who goes into what breeding pens for this year and now have decided some males I really won't need now or next year. Opal B/S and a BSSP male are two birds that are going on the bye-bye list. Plus 3 IB males. Really looked closely tonight at the 12 hens we kept back from our bssp hens two years ago and discovered two of them are pieds. Two were white hens leaving us with 8 bssp hens to begin using this spring.

I waited too long to sell mine, so now I'm stuck trying to sell yearlings, and more than half are male!

-Kathy
hugs.gif

Have you thought about dressing some out and try to sell the meat at least they would go to good use before they get to old and you may be able to recoup some moneys, i got 45 each for my first dressed pea and they sell for way, way, way more than that online plus i have a repeat customer that is passing the word around .
You could build a big bachelor pen and just sell the feathers every year, there is money to be made with feathers..

hugs.gif

Have you thought about dressing some out and try to sell the meat at least they would go to good use before they get to old and you may be able to recoup some moneys, i got 45 each for my first dressed pea and they sell for way, way, way more than that online plus i have a repeat customer that is passing the word around .
You could build a big bachelor pen and just sell the feathers every year, there is money to be made with feathers..

I can't speak for Kathy, but I chose to raise Peas specifically because there isn't much demand for their meat, and their feathers can be obtained without killing them. I am not a vegetarian, but I am simply not able to eat something I have raised or raise something to be eaten. I am thrilled that I can sell the feathers, eggs and chicks and cover the cost of having them as well as make a little profit.
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom