Pecan pie in my oven - How 'bout yours?

I bake Christmas cookies every year. This year I started nice and early and am not in bad shape today, only one batch left to bake, I'll do them tonight after I get home from my sister's.

I baked:

Springerles - anise flavored teacakes you imprint designs into with either an embossed rolling pin or a press - my press was made by my great-grandfather, my great-grandmother was the one who turned me onto baking cookies, so it's a true family heirloom and tradition.

Russian teacakes (little walnut nutballs rolled in powdered sugar

Alsatian chocolate balls (more little nutballs, almonds this time, made of grated unsweetened chocolate, rolled in powdered sugar, very different from above).

Sables - sand cookies with a lemon glaze

Ischtar tartlets - almond wafers with raspberry jam and topped with chocolate

I love baking them but I'm glad it's over for this year! Now we can just eat them.....
yippiechickie.gif

Those cookies sound great! I especially like the tradition aspect of it. Wish I had that. I bake every other year or so, but I don't have it as a heritage.

Merry Christmas.

Ginger cookies Coffe Cake and Mabe soon Springalengs the swiss christmas cookie.

Yes I am a Guy and Yes I can cook

Henry

Sugar cookies, Magic Cookie bars, and pumpkin pies. Just doing a ham and some potato salad for tomorrow. I usually do a lot more, but I'm finally learning that a lot of it goes to waste, so I'm cutting back - some!
lol.png

Just finished my Red Velvet Cake which is an almost all day affair but soooo worth it. Yesterday was deviled eggs. Tomorrow I am baking a ham with the fixings. I used to bake my heart out starting right after Thanksgiving with fudge and then more cookies than could be imagined. I gave them out to everyone as gifts and were people dissappointed when I no longer could do it for lack of time and money. But that's ok, I do what I can and no longer go crazy. Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas.

Just took the turkey out of the oven, it's been baked with garlic cloves and rosemary under the skin, I plan on slicing it up and setting it out with different kinds of breads, pepper bacon, avocado, tomato, and the the fixings for big ol Dagwood sandwiches...lots of ham, desserts, veggies..the works. I like the thought of not having to bake a turkey tomorrow so I can sit and enjoy my family.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! I consider each of you a friend and hope for a happy and safe new year too.

Hi! Everything sounds so yummy!
I skipped making sweets this year, but just finished egg rolls, crab-stuffed mushroom caps, and mini corn /sausage/ jalepeno /cheddar muffins for tomorrow.
And can't forget the 3 doz eggs that will be deviled
smile.png

My family tends to like savory / spicy more than sweet.
And Hubby did his part by perfectly smoking 3 turkeys
smile.png

(I will eat the honeybaked ham, just because it's Christmas)

Merry Christmas!
Lisa

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom