Not my piece of cake. Silkies are looking weird and I don’t want chickens that sleep and poop in a nestbox.

my silkies roost. I have low roosts about 40 cm above the floor.

if you don't like their looks it is another story. I keep them exactly because they look weird. they will probably be the last breed I give up. I like different.

@fluffycrow yesterday I got my 4 aseel chicks that my friend hatched for me. it looks I got 2 boys and 2 girls. 1 girl looks like cream legbar and the other 3 are black with a few feathers of different colours. I guess they will not be all black when they grow up. I can't wait to see how tall they will grow. one boy looks like giant next to the others.

@fluffycrow yesterday I got my 4 aseel chicks that my friend hatched for me. it looks I got 2 boys and 2 girls. 1 girl looks like cream legbar and the other 3 are black with a few feathers of different colours. I guess they will not be all black when they grow up. I can't wait to see how tall they will grow. one boy looks like giant next to the others.

They sound great! Their size is truly shocking sometimes, even though they're not one of the tallest gamefowl. Good luck! I bet they're already very friendly

@BDutch how is the chick doing? How does he look now? It should be more obvious if he really is a rooster or a hen.
I really don’t know. My neighbours care for the chickens now.
Im on Madeira enjoying a spring vacation.

Greetz from the flower island with the closest I have seen that resembles a chick (a local finch).
IMG_4364.jpeg

Hi Everybody, sorry for the absence, but wildlife kept wiping out my flock. So it's been a while since I had chickens, but this month I got 6 hens. Nothing special just brown laying hens. Amazed at how docile they are. I am keeping them in the coop and pen indefinitely now. I have had enough grief with all the wildlife around here, it's got to stop! There is no other way to keep them safe.

Back
Top Bottom