Pekin Duck Club!

Is it time for a spring molt?? I sure do have A LOT of feathers in the pin & yard! Also my girl isn't laying? (Or Could that still be from her incident @Miss Lydia ?)
I do as well, but all my girls are still laying. All Pekin, I have one that just sits on the nest a lot, but as soon as I open the door for them to go out she is gone with the other 4. LOL I guess just a part time mom???

I have two babies out!

My two boys are the same I deal with the bruisers and them attacking me but one has started going for the other one now it only seems to be over me it happened a little bit but now it's a lot worse it happens when I lock them in the pen or if one bites me daddy will chase him around biting his head until he has him pined down I don't know what to do because they are best friend da and hate being separated

My two boys are the same I deal with the bruisers and them attacking me but one has started going for the other one now it only seems to be over me it happened a little bit but now it's a lot worse it happens when I lock them in the pen or if one bites me daddy will chase him around biting his head until he has him pined down I don't know what to do because they are best friend da and hate being separated
It's the hormones, all bets are off on good friends staying good firends once sexual maturity sets in. There will be a dominant drake and a sub and the sub will some time be beat to a pulp and that stress can cause other problems like sickness. Best to not lock 2 drakes together if fighting or beating up has already started. Do you have females?

@missdoll

Last edited:
It's the hormones, all bets are off on good friends staying good firends once sexual maturity sets in.  There will be a dominant drake and a sub and the sub will some time be beat to a pulp and that stress can cause other problems like sickness. Best to not lock 2 drakes together if fighting or beating up has already started.  Do you have females? 

@missdoll

No just the two drakes and if I seperate them they just look for each other they hate being separated. They don't seem to fight unless I am there. Daffy is my dominant and Dafney is the submissive which he does submit to him but still chases me a lot more than my dominant

No just the two drakes and if I seperate them they just look for each other they hate being separated. They don't seem to fight unless I am there. Daffy is my dominant and Dafney is the submissive which he does submit to him but still chases me a lot more than my dominant
So they look at you as a potential mate. lol Well as long as Daffy doesn't injure Dafney I guess you should keep them together. But you need to make them aware your not in the running as a mate.

Back
Top Bottom