Pekin Duck Club!

@CyndiD & @Amiga today she has been totally fine, however it has been 67°- which really makes me think it was the heat. I did change their feed though! Only because they didn't have our usual, but they have been eating it for a few days now with no sign of anything... So.. I think that is OK. Last night before bed she was fine as well. Thanks y'all! I know I'm a worry wart- but it's better to be safe than sorry! Right?! (Especially after the little incident.) You know & come to think of it I remember thinking her crop looked full yesterday at 1 time! I didn't have a clue that could cause problems tho! **Not to self for future reference!**

@Miss Lydia she is great! Cute as a button! She spent yesterday outside with the pair most of the day since it was so warm. She of course was in her container but she can see out, & them in. Today it wasn't as warm so she stayed in today. She did go out with me when it was time to "pin up' & she walked around while I cleaned her container. She's even stolen my husband's heart! I was told we were not having a house duck, but I won't be the least bit surprised if she ends up with a diaper, sleeping in the bed! Lol!

SIDE NOTE: I stopped in the middle of typing this to go out the pair up bc I noticed the time... Well, I said up top we got different feed bc they didn't have the usual at this particular TSC. I just noticed it's the Grower/Finisher my husband must of grabbed the wrong bag. Can they continue to eat this or do I need to go get their usual food tomorrow??

@CyndiD & @Amiga today she has been totally fine, however it has been 67°- which really makes me think it was the heat. I did change their feed though! Only because they didn't have our usual, but they have been eating it for a few days now with no sign of anything... So.. I think that is OK. Last night before bed she was fine as well. Thanks y'all! I know I'm a worry wart- but it's better to be safe than sorry! Right?! (Especially after the little incident.) You know & come to think of it I remember thinking her crop looked full yesterday at 1 time! I didn't have a clue that could cause problems tho! **Not to self for future reference!**

@Miss Lydia she is great! Cute as a button! She spent yesterday outside with the pair most of the day since it was so warm. She of course was in her container but she can see out, & them in. Today it wasn't as warm so she stayed in today. She did go out with me when it was time to "pin up' & she walked around while I cleaned her container. She's even stolen my husband's heart! I was told we were not having a house duck, but I won't be the least bit surprised if she ends up with a diaper, sleeping in the bed! Lol!

SIDE NOTE: I stopped in the middle of typing this to go out the pair up bc I noticed the time... Well, I said up top we got different feed bc they didn't have the usual at this particular TSC. I just noticed it's the Grower/Finisher my husband must of grabbed the wrong bag. Can they continue to eat this or do I need to go get their usual food tomorrow??

I cannot remember your usual feed. You could compare labels . . . Might be fine to just mix it in with the usual feed when you get that.

I cannot remember your usual feed.  You could compare labels . . . Might be fine to just mix it in with the usual feed when you get that.

We usu
I cannot remember your usual feed.  You could compare labels . . . Might be fine to just mix it in with the usual feed when you get that.

We usually do All Flock. What do you recommend tho?

@flossyfelix good to hear Flossy is doing good and your new lil pumpkin is winning your and dh hearts. I am sure she is making a big splash with you all. Be sure to keep us updated with pics.

Getting another Peking girl tomorrow! Chatty and Kathy are great layers. Hoping she will be too. Going to name her Rose after my grandma that passed away Monday night. Apparently the rest of her flock was lost to predators.

I brought home 2 new Peking babies today. No idea on sex but they are 10 days old. One is very relaxed once you pick it up and will just lay in your hand and cuddle up while the other will be more bold and wants to almost climb up to your neck and will give Ducky kisses and talk back to you and will run up for attention. My other 3 pekings (12-14 weeks) are not anything like these two. Normal duckling behavior??? I bought them from TSC

Back
Top Bottom