Pekin Duck Club!

I have a few questions, they are stupid but I don't know so I hope someone answers me. Can a Pekins mate with a different breed of duck and still have babies. And my other question, do they always lay eggs, and its only when they mate, that they could be fertile?
Yup, pekins can cross with other ducks and yup, the eggs are only fertile when they've been mated. And my pure pekin isn't a great layer, my crosses are though. And pekins are notoriously bad at sitting a nest.

Last edited:
I have a few questions, they are stupid but I don't know so I hope someone answers me. Can a Pekins mate with a different breed of duck and still have babies. And my other question, do they always lay eggs, and its only when they mate, that they could be fertile?
Oh, your questions are never stupid. You are on a quest for knowledge about JoJo and Charlie and the world of duck. I like your questions and although I wouldn't know the answers, I enjoy learning from the answers others provide.

Ahhhh, enjoying the duck pen for the first time today! Yay! Everyone seems to love it! The pen is safe and finished but the goose and duck houses need a few minor things before being complete. Definately a labor of love!

Back
Top Bottom