Pekin Duck Club!

Ok so... Cosette laid 2 eggs today... Can that really happen?? She is my only duck old enough... So it had to be her and I know she didn't lay yesterday. ????

cant tell ya about the beaks all i know is that my drakes is bright orange while my girls are pale yellow
I guess its possible I have a drake, as you described mine too a tee. When the expert was here the birds were only a few weeks old. Time will tell. I'll post a decent pic, or pics, when I can get them.

Ell
ello! Welcome to BYC! So about the pools. I have a kiddie pool for my three and all ya do is fill it up when you take care of them while feeding. Just dump it and rinse it out every time you fill it up! They love it! Hours of fun!! They play and splash! Well hope this helped. Bye for now!
I have found a spray nozzle at TSC that has 9 spray settings on it. At first, my ducks wouldn't come near the kiddie pool with the hose in it, to fill it. As soon as I pulled the hose out of their pen, they would jump in the pool. Now, with the spray nozzle on it, I put it on the "shower" setting, and start to fill the pool with it. They all come to the edge of the pool (I have 4 Jumbo Pekins and 6 Rouens), stick their heads in the pool, and chase the water. Before long, the dominant Pekin hen, Pinky, will jump in, and get her shower. Then one of the Rouen drakes jumps in, behind her, and before long I have 3 Pekins and 4 Rouens in the pool, all enjoying their shower. The other 3 sit on the outside, waiting their turn, and so I will occasionally shower them with water, too, so they don't feel left out. Now, they won't get in their pool until I drain it, and fill it again with the "shower" setting on the hose! Spoiled, but happy, ducks!

I don't know if I am aloud to. There was a few. Who would I call and speak to before I get in trouble for stealing Ducks? I would catch everyone of them and bring them home, but I think I need to speak to someone.
Well, the city might have placed them at the pond, too. I know of a shopping center that has Rouens as part of their landscaping... there are waterways as part of the landscaping, and the ducks are part of the scenery and appeal of the shopping center. Customers who visit the shopping center enjoy seeing/feeding the ducks. Kinda unusual, but possible!

I would love to own a Pekin duck I have been searching locally and online and so far I've been unable to find anywhere to buy a Pekin duckling preferably day old so it will imprint if anyone can give me info on where I can buy one pekin in nj that would be great!
I don't know of any hatchery that will sell only 1 duck, usually it's a minimum of 2, because they're social animals. They need a buddy. I got mine through Murray McMurray Hatchery, in Iowa, but the ducklings come from the breeders in California (that's where my ducklings were shipped from... just north of the San Francisco bay area). I've been very happy with the ones I've gotten from there. Good luck in your search!

I'm hatching some Pekin eggs in the incubator and they are moving by themselves??? I've only hatched chickens before and I've never seen this. Is that normal? They are only on day 25.

Ok finally the less-than-haflway decent pics I promised. Both are 13 weeks (today, in fact) but one has an orange beak and the other a yellow one.

At least there is a decent view of their tail feathers in this one. I took about 9 pics and they refused to pose for any of them. The other 9 have chooks jumping in front of the camera as if it were made of treats
th.gif

You said a mouthful there! My boys HAD moved out, now their back! Can you tell! One just hates my chickens so he got me 2 ducks from TSC and you can bet, they were boys. I've talked to a lot of people who got the same deal, you?

Back
Top Bottom