Pekin Duck Club!

Hahaha... great story - next time (if there is a next time), just pick him up (if that's even possible
lau.gif
) and lay him on his back and hold him there for a bit. It might help establish that you are the head drake.
If I get brave enough to go there again, I'll give it a try. I won't come away unscathed, though!
lol.png

I will tell you from experience that if the puppy ever gets the blood of any of your birds it will continue to kill them.

Most people rave about their LSG. Not here!! I have an LSE!!

We have to physically walk the dog into it's FENCED yard and stand in front of the fence while it does it's thing so ot won't jump the fence and eat my birds.
sad.png
He didn't kill anybody, just took some feathers from one of the Pekins. Again, that seems to be the only way it could have happened. Please explain LSG and LSE?

I don't have pekin ducks myself, but I've had some interesting experiences with them recently. The first was at Hollywood Forever Cemetery in LA. There are two pekins that live on the pond there. Being a duck owner, when I saw them sunning themselves on the lawn, I headed in their direction. To my delight, they started running towards me. I put my arms out and met them, so happy. "Come here, duckies! Let's hug!" :) I sat down on the bench and started to pet the braver one, who came right up to me. I gave his silky feathers a few soft strokes, and suddenly, he started biting! And he wasn't messing around. He was biting me hard! It hurt, and I couldn't push him off. I got up and started running away, but he latched onto the leg of my jeans and I was pulling him along with each stride. I managed to shake him off, but he ran up to my friend and started biting her legs next. She had the misfortune of wearing a short dress, and he actually drew blood from biting her bare legs so hard. We both had bruises and abrasions for a couple weeks! Here is the little monster. I kind of want to go back and try to tame him. Over the weekend, though, I had a much better experience. I'd heard that there was a beautiful duck pond in San Pedro, CA, so my boyfriend and I took a drive over there with our duck Bunny. We pushed her around in the stroller and let her observe all the different kinds of ducks there. Plenty of domestics were on the pond, which I had mixed feelings about, naturally. I'm sure they were put there by the state and somebody comes to care for them occasionally, but still, they're flightless ducks fending for themsleves in the wild. They certainly seemed healthy, though, and there was a notice posted about what constitutes a healthy duck diet, so that visitors know what to feed them. Anyway, one of the pekins there seemed very tame, and she even let me pet her! It was so sweet. She was a little nervous, but I cooed to her and moved very slowly and eventually she accepted my petting. It made me so happy. Here she is, along with my Bunny bird in her stroller. If I get more ducks in the future, I'll definitely consider pekins. They are adorable and they seem like great pets. Well, when they're not attacking me, that is.
Aww that's so cute! What kind of duck do you have? I have three pekins (used to have four) and they really are great pets or just ducks to have! ;)

ok guys/gals I know this is not about Pekins but I have a prayer request. My mom got diagnosed Friday with 2 stage 4 cancers and was given only a little while left on this earth. I was hoping to get her as many prayers as i can. Even if you dont pray please keep her in your thoughts. God performs miracles everyday. Thank you in advance.
She will definitely be in my prayers. I am so sorry to hear that. I'm sure we will all be sure to pray for her. :(

ok guys/gals I know this is not about Pekins but I have a prayer request. My mom got diagnosed Friday with 2 stage 4 cancers and was given only a little while left on this earth. I was hoping to get her as many prayers as i can. Even if you dont pray please keep her in your thoughts. God performs miracles everyday. Thank you in advance.
Sooo sorry! I will pray for her! It's never too late for God:) I will see if I can get her in the prayer request sheet at church sunday..

Thank you to all of you.
hit.gif
It brings a tear to my eyes to see so many ppl supporting her. She over came breast cancer about 2 years ago and Now she has stage 4 Lung and Bone cancer. She went to the doctor today and they said that the bone cancer is the one they are worried about. It is in her spine, shoulders, hips, and legs. spreading quick. Thank you again for the added prayers!

He didn't kill anybody, just took some feathers from one of the Pekins.  Again, that seems to be the only way it could have happened.  Please explain LSG and LSE? 

Lsg - or maybe it's lgd -is livestock guardian dog

Lse is the name I came up with fir my dog - livestock eating dog

Glad it didn't actually get more than feathers...

Back
Top Bottom