Pekin Duck Club!

Hi,
I would love to be a member. I have 2 Pekin ducks, Aflac, my drake, 4 months old (I know very original) and Sadie, my hen, 5 months old. When we got our chickens in the spring, my children begged for ducks. I wasn't sure about having ducks, but now I love them. We are waiting for Sadie to start laying. I've heard ducks eggs are great for baking. Next year we hope to hatch some for a breeding project for 4-H. So expect lots of questions from me in the future.

This is my crazy pekin Billy with his best mate Tiger-lily. They are too cute together. My boys fave food is peas, carrot, corn and tomato. And the odd dog biscuit here and there. He is too cute.
So cute!!!

Hi,
I would love to be a member. I have 2 Pekin ducks, Aflac, my drake, 4 months old (I know very original) and Sadie, my hen, 5 months old. When we got our chickens in the spring, my children begged for ducks. I wasn't sure about having ducks, but now I love them. We are waiting for Sadie to start laying. I've heard ducks eggs are great for baking. Next year we hope to hatch some for a breeding project for 4-H. So expect lots of questions from me in the future.
Welcome!!

Hi I have pekin ducks just starting their eighth week. Two appear sick their back tail seems to drag and they walk a bit then lay down. They are still eating. I put apple cider in their water. Also tried giving then yogart that was a laugh what a mess. I separated them from the other two. We where feeding layer too them just this past week but I quickly changed it to grower duck feed when I did some research. There is a area of water in our back yard that they visit I don't like it because it is stagnant. Should I get antibiotics are they sick thanks for any help

Hi reporting on this site need help two of my pekin ducks seem sick starting their eighth week. Realized I was feeding them wrong food after I finished starter feed. Was feeding chicken layer then changed to duck grower finisher. Their tail droops they seem to walk a bit then lay down like they are week. They still bathe. I put apple cidar in their water tried yogart what a mess please can someone give advice,

Hi reporting on this site need help two of my pekin ducks seem sick starting their eighth week. Realized I was feeding them wrong food after I finished starter feed. Was feeding chicken layer then changed to duck grower finisher. Their tail droops they seem to walk a bit then lay down like they are week. They still bathe. I put apple cidar in their water tried yogart what a mess please can someone give advice,
I wish I knew more to tell ya. You might give an antibiotic, are they females or drakes, can you tell yet? Do you have a picture of the way they are standing or walking? Sorry I cant help more. You definitely did the right thing by changing their food. To much protein in layer pellets and can cause some deformities. Good luck!

Hi I looked and my duck food has 20 percent crude protein the layer has 17 thanks for your response. Their tail curves right to the ground they walk a bit then lay down as if they are weak. I don't want to lose thrm

Hi, pm countrygirl74 or 76 she's really good at what to do. Are you using mothers apple cider vinegar? not just the regular, I did that before I came on here! Also it's added to the fermented feed. Is that what you are doing with the yogurt? Also, check the forum/other animals / Emergency's and look it up. I wish I could help you but I got mine this Easter.

I am interested in purchasing 2 fertile pekin eggs to be hatched. I was wondering if anyone was selling some pekin eggs close to New York because that is where they would have to be shipped to.

I am interested in purchasing 2 fertile pekin eggs to be hatched. I was wondering if anyone was selling some pekin eggs close to New York because that is where they would have to be shipped to.
Aso try the where am I/Where are you in NY posting and the selling forum. Good Luck and Enjoy. And just one more thing
They grow supper fast!​

So Enjoy EVERY MINUTE!

jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom