Pekin Duck Club!

I am interested in purchasing 2 fertile pekin eggs to be hatched. I was wondering if anyone was selling some pekin eggs close to New York because that is where they would have to be shipped to.

I am in the Southern Tier of NY and when my pekins start laying I will have plenty of fertilized eggs. You are welcome to them:). Prolly won't be for another 6 weeks....

I am in the Southern Tier of

I would love to own a Pekin duck I have been searching locally and online and so far I've been unable to find anywhere to buy a Pekin duckling preferably day old so it will imprint if anyone can give me info on where I can buy one pekin in nj that would be great!
I believe that it is. It the season for babies right now. I a, in North Florida and the Tractor Supply said they won't have ducklings for quite a while, so I am sure NJ won't either.

My 2 ducks got their drake feathers last week, and boy, I know what you are talking about now concerning the flipped feather. 1 has such a flip with 2 more feathers flipping up, it's hard to not notice ... The other one flips some, but not much. And yes, this did occur at about 14 weeks. I was uncertain about the rasping of males, but I understand that now too, as my 2 are quite quiet and ruff and rasp and never quack.

I am so said tho that I won't have eggs! I love them, but sure wish I would get some eggs for the effort of feeding and keeping them healthy!

Hi reporting on this site need help two of my pekin ducks seem sick starting their eighth week. Realized I was feeding them wrong food after I finished starter feed. Was feeding chicken layer then changed to duck grower finisher. Their tail droops they seem to walk a bit then lay down like they are week. They still bathe. I put apple cidar in their water tried yogart what a mess please can someone give advice,

Hello & welcome!!

Sounds like it may be a vitamin/mineral deficiency - especially after you mentioned that you accidentally put them on layer feed...

This is what I would do...

Get some Poly-Vi-Sol (infant liquid vitamin) WITHOUT IRON and give them a few drops in their beaks daily. Go ahead and remove the apple cider vinegar for now and put niacin in their water.
NIACIN - do not use any niacin that says "flush-free", "no-flush", or "time-release" - dissolve 100-125mg capsules per gallon of water (you may have to go to a health food store to fine regular niacin)
Make sure the feed is a grower/flock raiser - do not feed layer until they actually start laying. I personally never feed layer and it's a good idea to not feed layer if you have any males, just provide oyster shell on the side when they start laying.
Make sure you change their water daily.
If they have access to grit, add dark leafy greens and peas to their diet daily (romaine, kale, etc. - but no spinach)

Keep us posted!!!

Thanks I was able to buy niacin plain at metro grocery store and just now mixed a five gallon patch as it was 500 mg caplets. I will have to buy polyvisol tomorrow and start giving it too the new ducklins that are eight weeks old. I am feeding them grower finisher which has 17 percent protein. They look very healthy the only thing the underside where they lay is dirty. We allow her to bath three times a day. We let the weaker one out with the flock and she tried keeping up with the rest but couldn't. Again thanks appreciate any suggestions

Back
Top Bottom