Pekin Duck Club!

We loooove the sprinklerrrr!!!.. Thanks mom!!

Hahahaha rotfl
Water fun in 100 degree heat! Love them ! They are so funny!

Gee took me all day to catch up on 2 weeks of posts. Lol. So here is the news:

My duckies are now 2 months old (besides my khaki Brownie, she's about 2 weeks younger). They're all happy and enjoy the good life outside with a kiddie pool (that I need to either enlarge or get another lol) and their very own mansion.
Tina is doing completely fine now and walks like the others, she is just not as big a water lover as are the others. Therefore she is my tamest one that always eats out of my hand, pecks at me when I don't give her treats fast enough and stays by my side.
I think I was right with my guess of one drake,Gunter, as he is the one rasping hoarsely but no curl yet which I know will appear later.

In the evenings at 9pm when I come around the fence they're all already in their mansion and complaining about the extra disturbance when I close to ramp door. Lol. But have to sue to raccoons, coyotes and bears around.

Now I just need to figure out how to keep the crows away from their food without having to fence off the top. Which would be very inconvenient since I move their area around every week so that the former patch can recover. Lol. Any ideas?!?

Oh. And here are a my babies,
All ducks in a row!

Last edited:
For instance, mine didn't lay until it warmed up as they were raised throughout the winter. Some of my friends' ducks laid sooner than 24-25 weeks due to the time of year they came into lay. Some laid much later... for instance, if they came into laying age just as fall/winter was starting and it was getting cold, they may wait until Spring to lay for the first time. The flip side of this is sometimes ducks will slow down on laying if it's extremely hot as well. So, if you're hitting extreme heat temps, they might wait for it to cool down just a little before they would start laying regularly. I believe 18 weeks is pretty much the earliest ducks would typically lay but 20-25 weeks is more common. Of course, these are all just guidelines. Some of my friends' ducks also stop laying when it's super hot during the summer, but my two girls have laid faithfully every day even through extreme heat waves this year!! Good girls! :)
For instance, mine didn't lay until it warmed up as they were raised throughout the winter. Some of my friends' ducks laid sooner than 24-25 weeks due to the time of year they came into lay. Some laid much later... for instance, if they came into laying age just as fall/winter was starting and it was getting cold, they may wait until Spring to lay for the first time. The flip side of this is sometimes ducks will slow down on laying if it's extremely hot as well. So, if you're hitting extreme heat temps, they might wait for it to cool down just a little before they would start laying regularly. I believe 18 weeks is pretty much the earliest ducks would typically lay but 20-25 weeks is more common. Of course, these are all just guidelines. Some of my friends' ducks also stop laying when it's super hot during the summer, but my two girls have laid faithfully every day even through extreme heat waves this year!! Good girls! :)

Brewer's yeast will be just fine! Typically there is about 5mg niacin to 1 Tablespoon of brewer's yeast (you can check your label to make sure - 10mg per duck daily is a good guideline to try to meet), so I would do 1- 2 Tablespoons per day, per duck, mixed into their food. If they spill a lot of their feed, you can always wet it down to make sure the brewers yeast sticks with the feed.

Brewer's yeast will be just fine! Typically there is about 5mg niacin to 1 Tablespoon of brewer's yeast (you can check your label to make sure - 10mg per duck daily is a good guideline to try to meet), so I would do 1- 2 Tablespoons per day, per duck, mixed into their food. If they spill a lot of their feed, you can always wet it down to make sure the brewers yeast sticks with the feed.

Thank you for helping me out so much. My babies are 1 wk old today. Anymore advice you can give me? We had no clue they were so lovable and so much like a baby. They are getting their on personalities already.

Thank you. Sure! They are about three months old now. Haven't heard about Niacin? Is that the same as in the drug store herbs? They ate eating chicken feed I believe. My husband gets it. And I feedthem some peas now and then. Thanks again. I want to get this right. :)

Back
Top Bottom