Pekin Duck Club!

I just wanted to share the fun I had yesterday with my ducks - I have 5 ducklings that are 3 weeks old, and since they are still so young they stay in a smaller, more secure yard for now. They have a basin that I fill many times a day with water from our pond that has duckweed in it. They love it! They eat it up like spaghetti! So yesterday I netted up some tiny minnows for them... hoo boy! They really had a blast with that. After 4 or 5 refills of their bowl, they all settled down for a long nap.

I can't wait til they get old enough to go in the pond. They are going to be some happy ducks! But in the meantime, we are all being highly entertained.:D

I bought 4 pekjns when they were 1 or 2 weeks old. I don't remember exactly and it was in February. But anyway. I named one Biggie and one Smalls (they had an almost obnoxious size difference) Quackers(my bf named him) and Psy(psyduck from pokemon) . And I kept them inside until it got warm enough ( end of march or very early April) and had a pen built for them. They are now all white and funny as all hell. I can say I've grown quite attached to Biggie. He comes inside and watches movies with us. Biggie has always been openly friendly and social with us..the others never really latched like that and seem scared of us. Biggie is also the only male ( he has the one feather on his backside that is extra curly). They have started laying. I've chosen not to incubate them. I'd love for Biggie to be able to run the house but he poops way too much. But then i noticed (he used to do it when he was younger but he is bigger now and it can hurt) but he will like shake and then kind of charge the length of neck up my arm. Is this affection or is he upset. Also he is literally sitting next to me as I am typing and quacking cuz I'm not showing him any attention. And then he flaps his big wings. And then he dips his beak(doesn't even drink it) and then shakes splashing water all over me...we are watching Half Baked lol he is being extra fiesty.

I bought 4 pekjns when they were 1 or 2 weeks old. I don't remember exactly and it was in February. But anyway. I named one Biggie and one Smalls (they had an almost obnoxious size difference) Quackers(my bf named him) and Psy(psyduck from pokemon) . And I kept them inside until it got warm enough ( end of march or very early April) and had a pen built for them. They are now all white and funny as all hell. I can say I've grown quite attached to Biggie. He comes inside and watches movies with us. Biggie has always been openly friendly and social with us..the others never really latched like that and seem scared of us. Biggie is also the only male ( he has the one feather on his backside that is extra curly). They have started laying. I've chosen not to incubate them. I'd love for Biggie to be able to run the house but he poops way too much. But then i noticed (he used to do it when he was younger but he is bigger now and it can hurt) but he will like shake and then kind of charge the length of neck up my arm. Is this affection or is he upset. Also he is literally sitting next to me as I am typing and quacking cuz I'm not showing him any attention. And then he flaps his big wings. And then he dips his beak(doesn't even drink it) and then shakes splashing water all over me...we are watching Half Baked lol he is being extra fiesty.
LOVE THAT!!!! Seems like you got a real sweety on your hands. They do make Ducky diapers in case you want him to stay inside more often.

I have 3 new pekins that I hatched 6 weeks ago. They are housed with 2 Indian Runners right now. Sadly only 1 pekin is a girl and 1 Runner is a girl. So I will eventually need to rehome the extra drakes(I already have 1 silver appleyard drake). I find ducks interesing and cute thouh we havent gotten a super friendly one yet. I cant sem to tame them. They tolerate me because I bring them food and water and clean their pools lol. Otherwise they stand ack. They will stay close if I move REALLY SLOOOOOWWW... lol. I do enjoy ducks, and the Pekins are so huge and cute I really want to snuggle them.

Hey all!.... I've got 3 jumbos....about 2 weeks old. I love all the things I need to do to make them happy/healthy...very fulfilling. I just have one question.... will the volume of poop ever decrease? They currently have 24/7 access to food and water. Ohhhhh.... the poop.....so much poop.

HELP. My tweets beak isn't looking good and I have no idea what's wrong

Back
Top Bottom