Pekin Duck Club!

I think my pretty girl has a broken leg! She h ardly puts it down and when she does she limps and cries. She is eating and drinking and I have her in the pool....gave her some brewers yeast. Any other suggestions?

He just may not like deep water, don't think anything is necessarily wrong with him. Instead of filling it full only put half the amount of water in the tub or put a block in there so he can stand on it. Ours doesn't even play in the water all that much, mainly in the morning when she takes her bath. Out of 10 ducks and 5 different breeds we have only 1 ducks stays/plays in the water all day. The rest just hang near it so they can drink and make it dirty.
I didn't think there was anything wrong with him and he is very healthy plays tag with me,follows me around and just is just pretty cool.This instance he is not as active because he waiting and protecting his female friend who is sitting on eggs.Thanks a lot for your help.
hugs.gif
smile.png

I think my pretty girl has a broken leg! She h ardly puts it down and when she does she limps and cries. She is eating and drinking and I have her in the pool....gave her some brewers yeast. Any other suggestions?
Can you see any bone sticking out? do you have any idea how this happened may give us insight to what is going on, age of duck etc. and Welcome

She is 17 weeks old and I believe either she hurt it trying to get out of the water bucket or my male may have been to rough trying to get to her. There is no bone exposed. I put a warm epsom salt towel on her for a minute or two when she got out of the pool. She is putting a little bit of weight on it now but mostly hops. This happened in the last couple of hours.

Amiga & Miss Lydia - nice to see you on here!! Always appreciate all your knowledge and help!

Daphnes Mom - did you check the bottom of her foot - no bumblefoot? If there's nothing visible (bumblefoot, cuts, infections, etc.), then I would treat for a fracture/break. If you can't or don't want to spend the money on a vet, you can try wrapping it with some vet wrap - kind of creating a makeshift cast and see if that helps her get around. I would also increase her vitamins and protein intake just to help with the healing process. Other than that, I think it will just be a "wait and see"...

Back
Top Bottom