Pekin Duck Club!

I've had some boys, I was hoping for a girl and all they did was poop in the nesting box. Did I make it wrong? Or do the hens do that in their boxes also! My chickens don't do that, the reason I'm asking is because I'm getting 2 girls and I want to make it right for them.

I've had some boys, I was hoping for a girl and all they did was poop in the nesting box. Did I make it wrong? Or do the hens do that in their boxes also! My chickens don't do that, the reason I'm asking is because I'm getting 2 girls and I want to make it right for them.
My runners have been only marginally interested in a nesting box. They make their own nests.

My runners have been only marginally interested in a nesting box. They make their own nests.
Seeing that she's getting them out of her pond I'm assuming they'll be making there own too! Cuz out at the pond there getting eaten right up so that's why she's giving the other 2 girls to me.

does anyone know if a male pekin duck has angel wing if he can mate??? I have been incubating the eggs and some look as if they are fertile but others dont seem to be... I am just wondering if i am wasting my time with these eggs if he is not able to mate.

Thank you so much

does anyone know if a male pekin duck has angel wing if he can mate??? I have been incubating the eggs and some look as if they are fertile but others dont seem to be... I am just wondering if i am wasting my time with these eggs if he is not able to mate.

Thank you so much
I would imagine as long as he can mount the female properly he should be able to. Does he have a problem with balance because of it?

Just put in my order for my first pekin duck today at the local feed store!

Denver Ducky you have they most precious duck seen her on fb I could just cuddle her she so cute. I have 3 Pekins 10 mons drakes yes 3 drakes got them some hens lord that's when the troubles began but we r dealing. They are our first and have brought a real joy to our lives. Aflac James, Bitsy Lewis, and Hermen Wayne.

Back
Top Bottom